The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello

+2
burlingtonboaby
snj170
6 posters

Go down

Hello Empty Hello

Post by snj170 Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:29 pm

Hello fellow Auto Sleeper Owners
I am Steven Johnson and although having owned my Auto Sleeper for over 18 months, the time is right to join this owners forum. Thank you for having me.

My wife Jill and I have been camping together since 1973 and bought our first camper van in 2008. We upgraded to a Nuevo ES in 2019 primarily to ba able to take our grandchildren. Unfortunately the pandemic has put paid to many planned trips but maybe one day soon .....

Since retiring we have taken to motorhoming with a bit of a passion with which we combine with walking in great outdoors. We have taken our motorhome abroard many times getting as far south as Slovenia with major stops in Italy, Austria, Germany, France, and Spain. We have over-wintered on the Costa Blanca in Spain three times, living on a site in our motorhome for over 2 months at a time. 

We have also done four long haul motorhome trips although sadly in hired motorhomes. We did our own thing for a month in New Zealand in 2010 and went on Camping & Caravanning Club escouted tours to Iceland (2014), USA West Coast (2016) & Southern Africa (2018). I know I dont need to stress to this audience the excitement, enjoyment and freedom that motorhoming in these places can bring. 

It took a lot of research before choosing our Auto Sleeper. It needed to small, take 4 people occasionally and have an easy to stow main bed. A lot of "foreign" motorhomes failed to provide sufficient cooking facilities for extended stays in cool climates. Apart from being a bit ugly and old fashioned the Neuvo suited our needs perfectly (not least because we have friends who have one). 

Owners Forums provide an extensive network of knowledgeable owners who are in my experience always willing to share. As I begin to make changes and improvements to my motorhome I hope that this will be true of the Auto Sleepers Owners Forum too.
snj170
snj170

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Hello Empty Re: Hello

Post by burlingtonboaby Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:30 pm

Hi
Welcome to the forum from Bridington 
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:35 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum. We had a month in New Zealand in a hired motorhome a few years ago. When we took it back to the hirer he said it had done higher mileage than any other hirer.
I would love to hire a motorhome / RV in Canada. I worked there quite a lot and we did the Rocky Mountaineer as a coast  to cost tour by train and coach.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Paramedic Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:57 pm

Hello and welcome to this most friendly and informative forum.  wave

Male