The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

carrying two electrics bikes

+13
KMRTOPAZ
Caraman
Paramedic
justlooking
rogerblack
Quilter
TeamRienza
wilksy
IanH
harrysp
Peter Brown
Gromit
Allan
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

carrying two electrics bikes - Page 2 Empty Re: carrying two electrics bikes

Post by Plymouthwelshboy Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:33 pm

Hi Bolero Boy - yep - we checked it on the weighbridge - we have become minimalist in everything we do  hugegrins hugegrins
Plymouthwelshboy
Plymouthwelshboy

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB 2019
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by kdee69 Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:34 am

Peter Brown wrote:I've had a BH Evocross electric for 5 years.  Its a great bike but weighs 28kg.  I can lift it up the steps into the van, I couldn't lift it onto a rear wall rack but have (just) been able to lift it onto a tow bar mounted rack.

In November I took delivery of a Ribble electric (model name is hybrid), it only weighs 14kg and I could easily lift it onto a rear wall rack.

The message is:  what is the weight of the bikes you intend to procure?  I think that two x 28 kg would be too much for even a tow bar mounted rack.
Hi Peter
How do you find it for "power"?
I currently have the Halfords own carrera hybrid e-bike and sometimes it doesn't even feel like it's that powerful. We were in Florence this year and rented some others (annoyingly I didn't clock the name) and we literally sailed up the hills.
kdee69
kdee69

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:33 am

Both bikes have 250w motors but can deliver peaks of up to nearly 300w and the Ribble is half the weight of the BH. The difference is in the way they are programmed to sense when assistance is needed and how much to deliver.

If you want max power from the BH, you select the highest gear and power level, puch hard on the pedals and it flies. Do that with the Ribble and it decides you don't need assistance and reduces power. With the Ribble just turn the pedals very gently, don't put any effort into the pedalling and it will then give max assistance - that took a lot of getting used too but it wors as well as the BH when used to it.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

kdee69 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrisjohn Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:08 pm

Hello all, we have 2 Gtech electric bikes which are fairly lightweight (25 Kg each) and relatively easy to lift up on to the Fiamma bike rack. I need to work out how to send a photo of the set up.........once learnt I will put it on the posting! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chrisjohn
Chrisjohn

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2