The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thetford C200 CWE Cassette Toilet Function

+5
Molly3
Libraryman2
rogerblack
Paramedic
nick1962
9 posters

Go down

Thetford C200 CWE Cassette Toilet Function Empty Thetford C200 CWE Cassette Toilet Function

Post by nick1962 Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:03 pm

Hi folks.

We have a 2007 Nuevo Ek with a Thetford C200 cassette toilet on board.

The warning light that the cassette is nearly full by the flush button doesn’t work.

Are there any checks I can make to work out why and specifically, how does the cassette communicate with the wiring up to the warning light?

Thank you.
nick1962
nick1962

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2007

nick1962 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Thetford C200 CWE Cassette Toilet Function Empty Re: Thetford C200 CWE Cassette Toilet Function

Post by Paramedic Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:26 pm

Quite simply the button sized magnet becomes dislodged from its seating usually due to too much vigorous shaking of the cassette whilst emptying. A more detailed explanation will surely follow.

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

nick1962 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Thetford C200 CWE Cassette Toilet Function Empty Re: Thetford C200 CWE Cassette Toilet Function

Post by Paramedic Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:37 pm

Further, as the level of contents in the cassette rises, it lifts the float mechanism in which the magnet will eventually make an electrical contact thus operating the warning light.

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

nick1962 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerblack Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:59 pm

When you say flush button, I assume your flush is electric so this may not apply to yours but on our manual flush C200 the light next to the flush push handle is operated as described above by a reed switch but also has a couple of batteries located in a holder in the left hand wall of the cassette compartment (either AA or AAA and it's too dark and wet for me to go out and check which at the moment!).

However I'm guessing if yours is electric flush they would also have designed the alarm light to work from the van 12V supply, but I don't know for sure.

Incidentally, I hardly ever bother fitting fresh batteries; it's fairly obvious when the cassette needs emptying as you can see the level when you open the flap.

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

nick1962 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Libraryman2 Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:51 pm

Yes I’ve had the same issue....it’s a real pin to get the float back into the correct position but it can be done with patience ....there is a YouTube video explaining the Problem....

Ray
Libraryman2
Libraryman2

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Corinium FB
Vehicle Year : 2017

nick1962 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:36 pm

I wouldn't  be that concerned  the Mk 1 eyeball  is reliable.
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Vehicle Year : 2014

nick1962 and IanH like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:57 pm

Agreed, with the flap open the height of the contents is infinitely more important than a wee, unreliable light. Now had 4 MH's with these, never seen the light on!! Don't care either!!! blushes
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

nick1962 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:03 pm

IanH wrote:Agreed, with the flap open the height of the contents is infinitely more important than a wee, unreliable light. Now had 4 MH's with these, never seen the light on!! Don't care either!!! blushes
Only once seen the light lit and the cassette was blooming heavy so never let it get that full again.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

nick1962 and IanH like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:24 pm

Paulmold wrote:
IanH wrote:Agreed, with the flap open the height of the contents is infinitely more important than a wee, unreliable light. Now had 4 MH's with these, never seen the light on!! Don't care either!!! blushes
Only once seen the light lit and the cassette was blooming heavy so never let it get that full again.

After having numerous caravans and 4 MHs, I can’t recall ever seeing the light work either. Opening the flap and having a look seems to work OK as a guide.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

nick1962 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:12 am

The light works on ours, but as Paul says, it's very heavy by that stage.
Also the instructions that state '5 uses left once the light comes on' is a little ambiguous. The one time I saw the light come on it turned out there was only enough space for, er, half a use..
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Vehicle Year : 2004

nick1962 and SENTINEL like this post

Back to top Go down