The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bourton water pump

3 posters

Go down

Bourton water pump Empty Bourton water pump

Post by Sparks Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:54 pm

Does anyone know the psi of the pump fitted inside the fresh water tank, I am thinking of fitting a new pump and would like a bit more pressure and water flow. I have tried the Whale web site, they provide all sorts of info but not the psi.
Sparks
Sparks

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Bourton water pump Empty Re: Bourton water pump

Post by marconi Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:11 pm

Sparks wrote:Does anyone know the psi of the pump fitted inside the fresh water tank, I am thinking of fitting a new pump and would like a bit more pressure and water flow. I have tried the Whale web site, they provide all sorts of info but not the psi.

I can tell you the PSI of the Shurflo non submersible pump which is used instead of or as a replacement for the whining Whale and is more efficient and fine for the Truma Boiler - 20 Psi.
marconi
marconi

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparks Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:29 am

Many thanks Marconi that is helpful now at least I know which pump to use.
Sparks
Sparks

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:57 pm

Yes get a Shurflo. It was the second thing I did after getting the Nuevo home. I have it on good authority from a director of a major caravan manufacturer that the Whale submersibles are -let us say, so as not to be sued - not very good. The one on my Nuevo lasted two weeks, which is apparently how long they are designed to last.
Anyway you don't need to remove the Whale, just disconnect its wires outside of the water tank, and trace them back to the under-bed area where the pipes are, install your Shurflo there, and bob's your uncle.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Oh. And by the way as you seem to be an educated, capable person, if you want to gain access to the pcb control panel of your Truma heater you may like to know that you can in fact take it out, turn it through 180 degrees and install it as per the manufacturer's instructions, which is what A/S should have done in the first place. As they install it, not only does it flout Truma's fitting instructions, it puts the 'reset' button and fuse right at the back so as to make them inaccessible without removal of the heater.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Materials needed are: a Tesco tin of garden peas (empty, to join two lengths of warm air pipe), a compression coupler to join the gas supply pipe which is long enough but needs cutting, turning and reconnecting, a metre of 13A three core mains cable, 40mm of 10mm copper pipe to join a couple of water pipes and two jubilee clips.
Then you will wonder why A/S mount the flue vent for the boiler at a height where the hose nearly impinges on the drawer. They could have mounted it lower to make the installation somewhat easier.
IF your boiler ever goes faulty, all the mechanic with a big hammer has to do to get at it, is to remove the vent under the wardrobe drawer. As the electronics are now closer to the vent they will run cooler which makes any electronic circuit last longer.
gassygassy
gassygassy
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 1 Bourton 1 Polensa
Vehicle Year : various

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparks Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:50 pm

Many thanks Gassy, just found your post, where it has been I have no idea. Rotating the water heater is next on my list after changing the pump. I have read and printed your previous post on rotating the heater and found it very informative, I will definitely have it close to hand when I start the job. 
Incidentally I did have to replace the fuse some time ago, it took about 45 mins using mirrors and torches, never again.
Sparks
Sparks

Male

Back to top Go down