The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water dripping rear wheel arch 2.8 Inca EK

Go down

Water dripping rear wheel arch 2.8 Inca EK  Empty Water dripping rear wheel arch 2.8 Inca EK

Post by Petesymphony Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:39 pm

Does anyone know the cause of water dripping from the front part of the rear o/side wheel arch ( just in front of the wheel) It appears to go away when the Truma water heater is used. Is there a relief valve or similar fitted to the heater. The drain down heater valve fitted under the o/side bench seat works okay. Any clues would be helpful. Thank you
Petesymphony
Petesymphony
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : INCA EK 2.8 HDi
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Water dripping rear wheel arch 2.8 Inca EK  Empty Re: Water dripping rear wheel arch 2.8 Inca EK

Post by Guest Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:25 pm

get under the van and have a look, if the water is coming from the Truma drain valve (short length of pipe visible) then its likely to be that the valve is not sitting perfectly flush when closed...
the culprit is usually a small piece of dirt/debris.
if you confirm this is the case, the valve can be removed (drain system first) and easily cleaned with soapy water.
good luck.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Water dripping rear wheel arch 2.8 Inca EK  Empty Re: Water dripping rear wheel arch 2.8 Inca EK

Post by Petesymphony Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:10 pm

Thanks for that information, I will try this out and let you know if  successful. The manual drain valve for the hot water system works okay, I didn't realise there was a second valve in the system.
Petesymphony
Petesymphony
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:58 am

youre right, there is only one Truma valve, but the clue was your reference to it stopping when the truma was being used (do you mean switched on and heating water?)

id still get under (when the drip is active) and try to trace back that way.

as well as a fresh tank drain, my own van has a second 'fresh water drain valve' (similar to, and close to, the Combi one) which allows water in the system pipework to drain....perhaps you have a further drain point.

best have a look under, perhaps use a camera phone for some snaps if its difficult to access.

good luck.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Petesymphony Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:59 am

Thankyou for your prompt reply. However the plot thickens! I have just been reading the manual supplied for the Ultrastore Rapid and on the pages referring to the installation of the unit it refers to the 2 connections to the Truma. They supply 2 special elbow connectors (which must be used, warranty considerations etc) The upper elbow ( hot out ) incorporates an integrated breather valve. There is a "J" shaped pipe connected to the "breather outlet" of this elbow. There is also a hot water feed connected to this elbow to supply hot taps. When I fill the system I always open hot and cold taps in bathroom and kitchen until a good pumped flow is achieved. I think the water leaking under van is coming from the "breather" pipe. It stops when the system is pressurised and the water heater is on.  have never noticed this water leaking under van until this year, Could it be something to do with lack of use.......covid etc. Any thoughts would be welcome.
Petesymphony
Petesymphony
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Petesymphony Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:16 pm

Following on my last comments , I have found the answer .The elbow part no. 34150-01 incorporates a NRV to allow air in when draining heater but shuts when filling. I found the part number in the back of the truma instruction manual, googled it and found operation description on line. I will purchase one of these replacement elbows to rectify problem. Hope this info. is of use to other Truma users.
Petesymphony
Petesymphony
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down