The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice please

+2
IanH
breakaleg
6 posters

Go down

Advice please Empty Advice please

Post by breakaleg Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:07 pm

Hi All,
I am on the cusp of buying a Nuevo EK based on the Fiat Ducato, so I can have the new nine speed automatic gearbox.
We have looked a several vans under 6 meters long and now my head is spinning.
I noticed in the brochure and online that you can choose between two colours for the cabinets (think that i have read it correctly) however I can't seem to find any comparison photo's.
Unlike the fabric choice, looking at some pictures there seems a very slight difference but that could be due to the use of a flash when taking the photo. lol

Also, does anyone know if it is worth investing in the bigger engine option or is the 140 bhp more that adequate.
Thanks in advance.
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Advice please Empty Re: Advice please

Post by IanH Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:31 pm

Our 130bhp in a 3.2 tonne Warwick duo happily cruises all day long at 130Kph, (80Mph) where possible/safe/legal. I'd describe that as adequate!!!
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:47 pm

Our Warwick duo has enough torque to pull it up and down the braes here in Yorkshire, handled the M/Ways last year and returned around 32 mpg.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

IanH likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:07 pm

We've just bought a Warwick Duo 9 speed auto with the 140 engine. It’s very early days but the 140 seems plenty powerful enough. Studying power graphs, there is little difference between the 140 and 160 and, again, not much between the 160 and 180. If I was going for the 'bigger' engine, I think the 180 would win because of the double gain.

However, I’m told the Fiat factory stopped production of the autos due to Covid and all that is available in current stock is the 140, and not many of them. Whether that’s true or not, I don’t know but I do know that, after scouring dealerships across the country, the only Warwick Duos I could find were Marquis specials with the 140. Estimates of when a new ordered van would be delivered varied between late 2020 and mid 2021.

I think you really need to see the Nuevo to decide on colours. Can you find a dealership with manual vans on display? That would at least let you see the differences.

Btw, the auto box is smooth as silk and 9 speeds in close range means it doesn’t dither around deciding whether to change or not.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:03 pm

Initially we were confused and unsure about fabric and wood choices but resolved the matter when we visited a dealer.  The options are common across all models so you might be able to find/see what you want by visiting dealers. I understand the Fiats are special orders from the factory so may take time to come through.  I don't know if this also means you get a less good deal than for an existing/unsold Peugeot stock model.  That said, I'm not sure how much existing/unsold stock there is at the moment and A-S are having difficulty getting their production up and running again after the lockdown due to supply problems.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:52 am

Ask for it to be posted to 3500 instead of 3200kg. No mechanical changes, merely the plate and gives you a useful 300kg extra capacity, particularly valuable with extra MIRO of automatic.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:04 pm

Thank you all, probably saved me a thousand pounds. lol
I intend going to the Derby depot to have a look at cabinet colours as being a sole Auto sleeper dealer I suspect that they will have one of each among their stock.

Been to several dealers over the past couple of weeks (could have done with the NEC show being on)
surprisingly little stock of sub 6m vans mostly larger vans in stock. 
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down