The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't get water into My 2014 Broadway

+8
IanH
Peter Brown
kaspian
Gromit
rventhusiast
inspiredron
Mike187
Sapman
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Can't get water into My 2014 Broadway - Page 2 Empty Re: Can't get water into My 2014 Broadway

Post by Sapman Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:01 am

Got home today and checked how much water was in the fresh water tank. The panel was showing 0% and beeping a warning. I rocked the van side to side and could not hear any clicking / sloshing of water, so drained the freshwater tank which filled 2 and a half wastemaster containers! ( I left some water in the tank). The 'auto fill' option on Sargent was always in off position. Sargent pump setting was always on 'both' and turned on. So clearly the whale system worked and only stopped when tank was full, but the panel reading was totally incorrect. 

Re Peter Browns comments on unreliability of tank level readings /  on descaling the tank say 2 times a year. I had descaled it in June using 'Elsan fresh water tank cleaner', may need to do it again. 

So I'll consider an additional gravity fill system from Autosleepers  V the fill option via  hose connection to freshwater drain cock......Jansellsbound : do you need a connector / adaptor to fit hose to the drain cock?

Thanks again all for you timely and informative advice.
Sapman
Sapman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Can't get water into My 2014 Broadway - Page 2 Empty Re: Can't get water into My 2014 Broadway

Post by Molly3 Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:36 am

Fit a hosepipe  to drain tap and fill from bottom
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2014

AJC likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:37 am

Its not standard, but some owners had access hatches put in the bottom of the tank - if you have one you can clean the studs manually.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Sapman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2