The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saucepans

+7
pstallwood
Kingham
Dave 418
Relaxez-Vous
Gromit
Dbvwt
harrysp
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Saucepans Empty Saucepans

Post by harrysp Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:09 pm

Just realised as we plan our first we days away since February that we got rid of our rather tired looking saucepans with the intention of replacing them. Then we got distracted by events!

So, can anyone recommend a set of lightweight stackable saucepans preferably with folding or removable handles please.

Harry
harrysp
harrysp
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Former Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Saucepans Empty Re: Saucepans

Post by Dbvwt Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:19 pm

We’ve been down the lightweight, stackable route in the past (mainly during our tent days) and found most of them pretty rubbish.
I’m sure there are probably much better ones these days but we just use decent quality normal ones. Even in my compact Symbol storage isn’t an issue.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by harrysp Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:50 pm

Thanks, I’m thinking you’re right. A quick trawl online shows most camping saucepans very flimsy.

Harry
harrysp
harrysp
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:59 pm

Have to differ here. We have a set of Tefal Ingenio pans. They are not at all naff or flimsy, as you would expect when you see the slightly terrifying price!  rolleyes

Worth the investment though in our opinion, and we got a second handle to make life easier at the stove.

Have a look and see what you think.  >> SEE HERE <<
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP

Sally likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:10 pm

Oh Gromit, what have you done! 
Saucepans were not even vaguely in my thoughts an hour ago but that option to also put them in the oven looks good.

No no no, I don’t need saucepans smile!

Edit.... It gets worse, there is a whole blooming range out there! Must admit they look good.

https://www.tefal.co.uk/ingenio
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Relaxez-Vous Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:58 pm

No help from here, we're still using the Harbenware non-stick camping set we bought in 1973. If they still made the same today we'd have got some ages ago, but nothing today comes close in quality.
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton XL
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by harrysp Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:11 pm

Thanks, had a look at them and they certainly appear good quality and easily stackable. Second handle sounds good idea too.  Think these might be the ones.

Harry
harrysp
harrysp
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:22 pm

I’m tempted with the 14 piece complete set for £112 from Dunelm to replace pretty much like for like what I’ve got in the van but unfortunately my local store is out of stock.
Amazon do a 13 piece set for much more and 3 of those items are spatulas!

All my current gear is good quality but is a bit of a mish mash and as I’ve mentioned the ability to put the pans in the oven appeals.

https://www.dunelm.com/product/tefal-ingenio-14-piece-complete-set-1000117979?defaultSkuId=30571290&branchCode=0635&gclid=CjwKCAjw88v3BRBFEiwApwLevdveXG8nkQwqWnZ00ISDUk1k8TEpMVkCehADK3JmS6GDOT1c9R-MZhoCHuYQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:49 pm

The handles clip on and off with consummate ease, and they grip the pans very securely - strongly enough to exert a twisting force when draining a pan of spuds!

As you say, being able to put them in the oven is a considerable bonus too.

We got ours in France, at the big supermarket near Camping Halitosis at Pontorson. They were cheaper than here, but not by a huge amount.
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:13 pm

Not sure about normal pans but our frying pan came from Wilco. It has lasted us for five years.The pan cupboard in the Rienza is big enough to fit normal pans but we have stuck with our pans from the trailer tent days. The frying pan was not very big so we bought the one from Wilco. We can do a full breakfast in one pan now.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingham Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:19 am

I didn’t go ‘the full hog’ but bought myself a set of three Tefal Ingenio pans for the van and they’re superb allthumbz

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by pstallwood Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:31 pm

We bought a set of those Tefal ones from the CC shop. They don't seem to do them now. They are very good.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:55 pm

Gromit wrote:Have to differ here. We have a set of Tefal Ingenio pans. They are not at all naff or flimsy, as you would expect when you see the slightly terrifying price!  rolleyes

Worth the investment though in our opinion, and we got a second handle to make life easier at the stove.

Have a look and see what you think.  >> SEE HERE <<

That's what we have. There are a couple of differing sets - we went for the lightest (and cheapest). I also have a big saute pan with a glass lid and removable handle that is stored in the oven. It has a myriad of uses including casserole dish, that one is heavy.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:38 am

Despite my local Dunelm showing zero stock, I’ve just been down there and there were plenty so I’m now the owner of a complete set which includes 2 handles in the box. They had various other sets, all 30% off at present.
For anyone dithering over the cost, I can vouch for the quality and storage convenience as already mentioned by others.

Saucepans A8baf810
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by harrysp Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:30 pm

Oh heck, I have started something. Those look good Dbvwt and tomorrow we’ll take a trip to our local Dunelm Mill. Did they just have the large sets or anything smaller, 7 piece has 3 saucepans, 3 lids and handle?

Harry
harrysp
harrysp
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobskate Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:51 pm

Thanks Gromit.  There was me watching the BBC News at 1.00 pm without a care in the world (except CV but that’s a given) and 30 mins later, because of you, I have a set of pans on the way, and to make things worse I forgot about drinking my mug of tea so it had to go in the microwave.  What a lovely domestic scene I present...we live life on the edge down here.

Last edited by Bobskate on Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Bobskate
Bobskate
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:16 pm

harrysp wrote:Oh heck, I have started something. Those look good Dbvwt and tomorrow we’ll take a trip to our local Dunelm Mill. Did they just have the large sets or anything smaller, 7 piece has 3 saucepans, 3 lids and handle?

I can’t remember the different sets to be honest, I was just pleased the set I wanted was in stock but the Tefal section was very well stocked so if it’s listed on the website it was probably there.
The Dunelm experience couldn’t have been easier. No queue, entrance door was open, very few people inside. I picked up my box and didn’t touch anything apart from the card machine buttons.
Saturday might be a bit different though!
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Traficlady Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:55 am

We’ve got the tefal Ingenio in the van too. We got a deal at the Tefal outlet shop at Ellesmere Port. The whole lot cost about £100. Worth every penny in my opinion. If we hadn’t replaced the house ones a couple of years ago, I would have bought them for the house as well.

Nora

Female

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:39 am

Just to show how well these stack for storing, here is my complete set (not including the lids) which measures just 30cm diameter x 12cm high.
That’s the 2 saucepans, 2 frying pans, sauté pan, steamer and 2 plastic sealing lids!

Saucepans B46cd010
Saucepans 83356010
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by harrysp Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:24 am

Dbvwt wrote:
I can’t remember the different sets to be honest, I was just pleased the set I wanted was in stock but the Tefal section was very well stocked so if it’s listed on the website it was probably there.
The Dunelm experience couldn’t have been easier. No queue, entrance door was open, very few people inside. I picked up my box and didn’t touch anything apart from the card machine buttons.
Saturday might be a bit different though!
Think we’ll wait until Monday for our trip to Dunelm. Really hope they have some in stock. If not there’s some on Amazon, the 7 piece will probably suffice, although might get a 2nd handle.

Harry
harrysp
harrysp
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:38 am

harrysp wrote:Think we’ll wait until Monday for our trip to Dunelm. Really hope they have some in stock. If not there’s some on Amazon, the 7 piece will probably suffice, although might get a 2nd handle.
Hi Harry

Having been responsible for starting the Ingenio Users Group Appreciation Society ( content ) I would suggest you get a second handle right away.

We found the single one a bit of a pest, since we had to keep changing it from one saucepan to the other when we had two on the stove at once.

Cheers

Dave

P.S. I'm not on commission - regrettably!  so_sad
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:45 am

I did see the individual handles in Dunelm, also 30% off at £11.90.  Same as Amazon by the look of it.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:20 pm

We've had our set for several years now and found no need for a second handle, we only attach the handle to lift off the hob and can only do that with one pan at a time.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:33 pm

Stirring something fairly thick in a pan without a handle just rotates the pan, and could be potentially quite dangerous.

Having seen what boiling porridge did to the mother in law, I'm not about to risk it.  uncertain
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:40 pm

You are right but I can't think of anything we would have in a pan in the van as thick as porridge and even if we did I can only stir one pan at once with one hand on the handle and the other on the spoon.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum