The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

freshwater tank removal

+2
Knick-Knack
rgbr
6 posters

Go down

freshwater tank removal Empty freshwater tank removal

Post by rgbr Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:37 pm

Hi can anyone supply details as to how to remove the freshwater tank from a Broadway EB 2016, It got contaminted by flood water earlier this year, left the drain tap undone to air the tank, I have flushed it out but still think i would like to have a good look inside.
rgbr
rgbr

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

freshwater tank removal Empty Re: freshwater tank removal

Post by Knick-Knack Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:33 pm

If it's like our older Nuevo, there's a large round access cover on the bottom.  I took mine off when we had trouble (which we still are) with the water level sensor, and people said that they get scaled up.  You don't get to see much, but I held a small camera through the opening and took a couple of photos, which showed it to be squeaky clean (and I mean surprisingly spotless).  I'm not sure what more you would get to see by removing the tank, or perhaps you were planning to replace it.  I'm sure you can get cleaning stuff to use - not sure of the trade names, but I can bet someone will know.
Knick-Knack
Knick-Knack

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:45 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:23 pm

All installations are slightly different. An access hatch in the bottom is not standard, they are therefore rare. There is an access hatch in the top, usually the tank is fixed by two straps hooked to the chassis with a nut holding it up. Bearing in mind there are in and out water pipes and connections for level indication, you should be able to remove say the front nuts and tilt the tank down till you can access the hatch on top. Have some batons or a trolley jack handy so you can support the tank and prevent connections being broken.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71

Back to top Go down

Post by rgbr Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:40 pm

I managed to have a crawl underneath and there was no access hatch visable but the straps were present so will have a go at undoing the front couple and see if there is a hatch ontop, thanks for the help, its not really the organic material which can be removed by flushing, its the fine sediment which could damage the pump, Thanks again
rgbr
rgbr

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Relaxez-Vous Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:12 pm

I wonder if you've already on the case. Not a coachbuilt but I had to remove the fresh water tank on our previous van, a Duetto. The drain tap broke so I needed to drop the tank to fit a replacement tap. There needs to be a hatch to enable a hand to get inside the tank, to get to the screw on the inside. It all went well, forgive my memory, at my age (over 70) I only remember now that I need to remember. I assume I supported the tank with one of my scissor or bottle jacks, letting it slowly down, no problems or I would have remembered.
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton XL
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:09 pm

to remove the tank you will need to disconnect the water level wiring the tank blanket and the element. to remove the feed water pipe push the pipe into the fitting and hold a spanner against the release ring then pull the pipe out . when you remove the tank you will find the large hatch on the top
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Auto-Sleeper : kemerton xl
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down