The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Closure of on site facilites

+12
babian
mcalid
RogerThat
Lancy
rogerblack
Eltel
Paramedic
bikeralw
Paulmold
Gromit
Dbvwt
delilah
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Closure of on site facilites - Page 2 Empty Re: Closure of on site facilites

Post by delilah Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:19 pm

Thanks  for the excellent advice from everyone.  I think we'll go even if the facilities aren't open.. it will be  a bit of a pain to keep using buckets to empty and re fill but we're desperate to get away.
delilah
delilah

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerblack Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:16 pm

We use a small collapsible bucket now and empty it often, however we used to use one of these:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(cheaper sources may be available)

but whether that would work for you depends on how low your grey waste water outlet tap is - it just went under ours.  

Also you need to bear in mind when full it will weigh just over 23  kilos.  When we used it we also used a 50 litre fresh water container for which we also had a folding trolley. Now we use a 10 litre fresh water container which I can carry and so just do more trips, saving the space previously used by the two tanks and the trolley.

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:46 am

bikeralw wrote:
Lancy wrote:A flexi funnel is great for putting in fresh water with a watering can, as before as much was spilt as went in.
Answer to all problems of getting water into a vertical hole. The advantage is you can use any container for filling, even a bucket. I have a 12lt water container that I also use for storing our drinking water.
Al.
i made one of these with a guttering elbow....fits snuggly into our water tank entry openeing.

we can last at least 5 days on a full tank of fresh water with each of us showering every day and doing our washing up but the restriction is likely to be grey waste...

while our waste tank can accommodate those 5 days worth, its then the issue of emptying this out piecemeal or moving the van....we have a a Fiamma rollatruk which can take 2 days worth grey water.

if we were staying a week, we would fill on entey and empty one on departure bit for those with smaller tanks, surely the answer if using a club/commercial site would be to book a serviced pitch and have a tap/hose/drain on the pitch?

with the CV issues, i reckon these pitches will be in demand, for those who want to add £4 a night to those already high club prices....

so, you'll end up paying just under £30 a week extra for this 'privilege'...

of course, you could always not bother with the awning and just drive to the service point when needed...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:13 am

It certainly can't happen on the club sites but I've seen an advert for a CL (obviously only accommodates 5 vans) that has 5 private washrooms and you have your own washroom for your entire stay. Can't see many CL/CS's being able to go down that route but would be nice. Obviously price reflects it, £20 per night Monday to Thursday, £25 at weekends.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Enn Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:17 am

Just think of all the filling and emptying as your daily exercise routine !!olympics 2012workout

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 56
Auto-Sleeper : Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by mikethebike Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:41 am

Enn wrote:Just think of all the filling and emptying as your daily exercise routine !!olympics 2012workout
Thats how i look at it.
I do it on long term sites with full facilities.

Us old people need the exercise. wave

Micky
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:39 pm

As I had mentioned elsewhere we have a 20ltr container for fresh water and one for grey water to save us moving when the tanks need servicing. 
 To fill our fresh tank means three trips. Management holds the funnel with a flexible spout. Mostly this works well until my joints are playing me up making it difficult to lift the container. Has any one bought and used a submersible pump of some sort.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by mikethebike Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:50 pm

HI  I only top up. One trip a day with the water can is usually enough. My young wife can do this chore as well. hugegrins

Micky
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:23 pm

Dave 418 wrote:As I had mentioned elsewhere we have a 20ltr container for fresh water and one for grey water to save us moving when the tanks need servicing. 
 To fill our fresh tank means three trips. Management holds the funnel with a flexible spout. Mostly this works well until my joints are playing me up making it difficult to lift the container. Has any one bought and used a submersible pump of some sort.
When we had the Nuevo we did exactly as you mentioned, that is we used a wheeled fresh water container with a submersible pump, made up by myself with an extension lead to reach power socket inside the van. It would have been nice to use the same with the Sussex but nowhere to store the container nor do we have a power socket that doesn't need ignition on, so now we use a 10 litre container with a flexible spout.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerblack Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:39 pm

Dave 418 wrote:As I had mentioned elsewhere we have a 20ltr container for fresh water and one for grey water to save us moving when the tanks need servicing. 
Yes, back when we used the large fresh water container and trolley as mentioned above, since there was no way I could lift it we had a Whale submersible pump with a long lead that went through the window into a 12V socket into which I fitted an inline rocker on/off switch.

Now we use the smaller container, which I can lift, this is redundant.

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:26 pm

mikethebike wrote:HI  I only top up. One trip a day with the water can is usually enough. My young wife can do this chore as well. hugegrins

Micky
a watering can full isnt enough for two showers, hand washing and dish washing along with tea, coffee and toilet flushing.....ALL of which is required if site facilities arent avaialble....or you're at a CL/THS.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:58 pm

I use a 35L waste tank that sits under the van and is easily wheeled to the waste point.

To fill up I did this which allows me to top up easily and quickly without having to juggle a funnel in 1 hand and a container in the other.  Ignore the flowers, I had been at Tatton smile!

Sally
Sally

Female

Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2