The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Control panel problem

4 posters

Go down

Control panel problem Empty Control panel problem

Post by ColinCamper Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:37 pm

Thought I'd fill the cold water tank and disinfect, but when I went to switch the pump on to discharge into the waste tank, no image on the control panel for the pump. Fuse is OK (when removed I get a blown fuse message) and the breaker is in the I position. Anyone experienced this before, if so what is the remedy. This is on our 2009 Nuevo.
ColinCamper
ColinCamper

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Control panel problem Empty Re: Control panel problem

Post by Roopert Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:03 pm

Do you have a touchscreen control panel? If so, it may have been the last of the MES units, as 2009 was the year that (I think) A/S switched to Sargent controllers.

If so, I wonder if odd behaviour like this could be caused by the Lithium backup battery in your panel dying. According to the manufacturer, they are expected to have a working life of 4 years, so on a 2009 van you would hope that it had been replaced at least once by now?
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by willy eckerslike Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:17 am

If as Roopert says you have the MES touch screen, press anywhere on the screen when it is switched on then from the next screen press setup. On the setup screen should be a picture of the water tank on the bottom row. If it is crossed out press to switch it on and then when you get back to the home screen you should have the tap image on.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper : Devon
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Control panel problem Empty Control Panel problem

Post by ColinCamper Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:01 am

Thanks so much for your replies, followed advice on going through menu to setup and bingo crossed out tank symbol, now have working pump again. My worries about mega bucks cost of control unit replacement now a thing of the past. Can now look forward to when we can start to travel and camp away from home. Cheers also on advice to replace the control unit battery, we did do this when we bought the van 2 years ago.
ColinCamper
ColinCamper

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerbadge Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:22 pm

ColinCamper wrote:Thought I'd fill the cold water tank and disinfect, but when I went to switch the pump on to discharge into the waste tank, no image on the control panel for the pump. Fuse is OK (when removed I get a blown fuse message) and the breaker is in the I position. Anyone experienced this before, if so what is the remedy. This is on our 2009 Nuevo.
A while ago my screen had also went blank, I went out & brought a battery for the controller & got in the van to find the screen had come on🤔.
I did wonder whether it was because I’ve not charged up van or leisure battery for a while, at least I have a new battery if it decides to die on me.
I wonder when I brought the van last year if the dealer replaced it on the service & hab work done.
Glad you sorted it.
Tigerbadge
Tigerbadge
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down