The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2010 Gloucester

5 posters

Go down

2010 Gloucester Empty 2010 Gloucester

Post by gemdeco Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:56 am

Hi  Everyone
        Wishing you all Well The front "wet locker" on our Gloucester used to stay fairly dry now it is a lake any idea's where the water may be getting in, the seals look ok
Regards
Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Member Age : 73
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

2010 Gloucester Empty Re: 2010 Gloucester

Post by Peter Brown Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:11 pm

It can get in at the drain holes in the corners and the floor tends to sag in the middle forming a dish that retains the water.

Most times I get wet in there is when I haven't drained a hose or water container properly and they then do whilst travelling.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by gemdeco Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:18 pm

Hi Peter
    The locker is empty, I am wondering if the water tracks down the marker light cable in the corner, I am going to seal that hole tomorrow
Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:44 pm

I would be reluctant to seal that until you discover if water really is running down that cable. If your theory is correct then sealing the outlet will make the water find another way out - or worse to stay trapped and soak the wall panel.
Why not play a hose gently onto the marker light and see if it does run down the cable. If it doesn't then direct the hose onto other areas till you find where the water is getting in. Then seal the inlet.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:24 am

gemdeco wrote:Hi Peter
    The locker is empty, I am wondering if the water tracks down the marker light cable in the corner, I am going to seal that hole tomorrow
Alan

My marker light cable comes in from the bottom and is very well sealed.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by gemdeco Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:59 pm

Hi Peter
     Every build must be different, the marker light wire comes out of the main floor in front of the wet locker and then goes through a hole in the side of the wet locker to power the marker light.unlike your Malvern my Gloucester has only 2 drain holes at the rear of the locker perhaps it was built on a Friday afternoon I have noticed that when underneath the van I can see daylight on the front seem of the locker were it meets the side of the van that will need looking at but why water should be getting in there when it is not being used I have not a clue
Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:43 pm

A possible water ingress route is the seam between the locker door frame and the infill panel which may not be sealed correctly. Look at the frame picture on this link, will explain what I mean.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:37 pm

My wet locker was definietly well named originally. I took the van back to Willersey for various jobs. They found that the source of water into the locker was the absence of sealant in overlapping side sections of the van. Let me explain: on mine, with the locker open, if I look inside it, towards the front of the van, I can see to my left a few inches of flooring; to the left of those few inches is the side wall of the van: we're looking therefore at the inside of the outside, if you get my drift!  Now that sidewall has a double-U horizontal seam running parallel to the floor, where the upper wall is joined to the skirt. And on my van, there was no sealant along that double-U seam.

Likewise, on mine there are gas and electricity outlet flaps. Neither had sealant, so the under-bed locker was wet. Again, easily cured.

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by gemdeco Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:53 pm

Hi Cymro
      That is where I can also see daylight the silicone sealant has come away from the inside of the side skirt, it will need a good clean and probabley all the old sealant cleaning off 
Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gemdeco Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:41 am

Hi Everyone
         Well I crawled under the MH and drilled to new drain holes near the outside edge , that should help drain out any water, I noticed dirt stains on the inside of the locker ,so I power washed them off with water pouring out of the front edge. I power washed from underneath towards the locker and water gushed in , so that must be where the water is getting in. I will leave it to dry out today and then reseal , so hopefully the problem will be solved.
Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Back to top Go down