The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Data useage rather than time limited MiFi ?

5 posters

Go down

Data useage rather than time limited MiFi ? Empty Data useage rather than time limited MiFi ?

Post by frederic Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:39 pm

Anyone know of any supplier of a mi/fi that  charges for the  purchased data usage over an unlimited time  rather than a fixed time period. And not having to take out a contract!
frederic
 Only 2 days left on my ee so need to be quick!! smile!
 Beezy here in Sanheed with a little sun and a sticker sayin that I AM A LOCAL!!
frederic
frederic
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Topaz TipT
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Data useage rather than time limited MiFi ? Empty Re: Data useage rather than time limited MiFi ?

Post by Tinwheeler Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:44 pm

The nearest thing I know of to that is the 3Network's Internet on Legs sim which is a pay as you go type. The 24gb lasts for 24 months, unless the data is used sooner, and can be used in an unlocked mifi unit of your choice. The sim is often available on Amazon for around £30.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Data useage rather than time limited MiFi ? Empty Re: Data useage rather than time limited MiFi ?

Post by roli Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:15 pm

I too would look look at 3’s options also best coverage on the places we tend to go for internet and internet calls
You won’t always find on 3’s own website Rick
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by frederic Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:32 pm

Thanks yous for that.
On our return from Sanheed, where those about were well-distancing themselves (including a board kite surfer),  I was saddened to read on the news of all the goings on in Wales and on the south coast, mind you there are a few more people down there but that is no excuse.
And NO we will not be heading to the hills as, one of our sons told his Mum, they seem to be doing 
north of Inverness! 
frederic
frederic
frederic
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamRienza Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:10 pm

You might look at Smarty (owned by 3). I recently took a £10 per month rolling contract for 30gb of data plus calls and texts.
Tethers well to my iPad. Haven’t worked out yet how to cast to old Avtex via a roku box. Need my daughter to work that out.
Anyway, worth trying for a month and then continue or not.

Davy
TeamRienza
TeamRienza
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Used to own a Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2006 Mk6

Back to top Go down

Post by RML Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:54 am

The 3 data has to be used up in 24 month's.
Rich.
RML
RML

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : Ex - Gatcombe

Back to top Go down

Post by frederic Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:32 pm

24 mths is fine but sometimes it difficult to use up 2gb with normal usage in 1 mth. (2+ weeks away)
also we use a stand alone ee mifi unit placed high in the Hekki 
frederic
frederic
frederic
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:19 pm

Smarty is brilliant, any data not used is credited to the next month, however it is a monthly deal. It has the same coverage as standard 3.  I used it for a spell with Network Radio but then decided to link it to my phone (which is on 3)
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down