The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EC700

4 posters

Go down

EC700 Empty EC700

Post by Twoleftfeet Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:29 pm

When can we expect this EC700 panel failure to be sorted, I'm afraid to go any where and definitely not out of the country, We have already lost part cost of a ferry booking due to a failed panel, Taking a day off next week to travel to the dealers to have a second Sargent panel fitted
Corinium Duo purchased September 2019 and only just done 1100 miles, starting to feel like a bad buy
think_smiley_46
Twoleftfeet
Twoleftfeet

Male

Auto-Sleeper : corinium duo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

EC700 Empty Re: EC700

Post by mikethebike Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:19 pm

Hi   Why not bite the bullet and talk to aandncaravanservices.

Micky
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:24 pm

Twoleftfeet wrote:When can we expect this EC700 panel failure to be sorted, I'm afraid to go any where and definitely not out of the country, We have already lost part cost of a ferry booking due to a failed panel, Taking a day off next week to travel to the dealers to have a second Sargent panel fitted
Corinium Duo purchased September 2019 and only just done 1100 miles, starting to feel like a bad buy
think_smiley_46

Have you read the last post on this thread? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoleftfeet Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:41 pm

Thanks, I think I’ve read just about everything on this topic, hopefully someone will be able to throw some new light on this issue
Twoleftfeet
Twoleftfeet

Male

Auto-Sleeper : corinium duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Relaxez-Vous Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:40 pm

I haven't trawled over all the EC700 posts but here's our latest, SMC (Newark) replaced our EC700 panel this week.

The word was that Sargent have had the current iteration of their EC700 panel on test for the last 6 weeks without any issues. If I heard correctly, Sargent apparently discovered there was a software bug which was polling sensors and overloading the system, this was causing a crash or lock up as I call it. In my case it meant having a dead EC700 panel, dead as a dodo, dead as in it's a dead parrot type meaning of the word dead.

I gather that with the latest software if the panel goes down you will still have some habitation electrics.
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton XL

Back to top Go down