The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reversing camera

+11
germanshepsteve
IanH
gpilky
lucasg
natmat
gassygassy
inspiredron
Kemerton-bath
Liam
Sparks
rventhusiast
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Reversing camera - Page 2 Empty Re: Reversing camera

Post by gpilky Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:07 am

inspiredron wrote:
inspiredron wrote:Last Friday I had s really mucky journey up M40 and M6 with virtually no rear vision apart from what I could see through the door mirrors.  I was able to improve matters very marginally by switching on the rear camera which has really awful definition and which I MUST replace.
What I would like to know is how the dual camera setups perform in those conditions. Do they help significantly or does the lens get covered too much by spray to be helpful?  I don't expect  perfection but it would be good just to be able to see reasonably clear headlights from the vehicles behind even if the actual vehicles were blurred.
I did fit a dual camera system after posting this and am AMAZED. Yes, in heavy spray the view gets very fogged up but once the spray ceases it clears pretty well. My system was the high Def version with a good monitor from Parkingcameras.com and it even has lines on the reversing camera input which can be calibrated for distance. Best rear view I've had in almost 50 years of tugging and motorhoming!

Which model did you choose? I'm looking at this myself but don't see the 'lines' mentioned.
gpilky
gpilky

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:31 pm

£65 did all of this, pics have to be seen to be believed
Permanent rear view, better than any mirror, selectable parking view with the guide lines, what you see which looks out of focus is gravel on my drive, rear ladder also seen.
Use rear view when approaching a parking bay to check for high level obstacles, then switch to parking view for the close in stuff. Can easily and repeatably park 4 to 6" from a wall or fence.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

gpilky likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gpilky Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:00 pm

Did you use the existing mirror display, and then just add the rear view cameras? I can see cameras for £66 each.
gpilky
gpilky

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:36 pm

No, the total of £65 was display, both cameras, 2 x high quailty 15m cables, the power and interconnect cable to the monitor.
If you go to the article, Executive, a new project, its all in there
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gpilky Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:26 pm

Ah... Found it! I was looking on parkingcameras.com and didn't realise it was from Ebay. Still a great price especially with the recommendation - unfortunately not available currently from that seller.
gpilky
gpilky

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:57 pm

Quite a few very similar........
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Reversing camera - Page 2 Empty rear camera replaced on 2013 warrick duo

Post by germanshepsteve Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]    new replacement from autosleeper spares 195 next day delivery camera comes with 20m cable with voltage dropper at camera end  when new one fitted it still did not work had to cut out resistance in red wire as shown above and solder in the one from new loom wire supplied with camera, red is 12v /yellow is video / bare copper is ground neg and  video return,  it seems the red wires open circuit in the dropper was the fault so now have spare camera and the one on the van works ,happy ending if a bit costly did not want to put it in the brake light lens so went with original  would be good to know what resistance is needed to step down to the cameras 3v from 12 tried to  work out but not sure any help from the group on this might help others as this seems to happen a lot on older vans
germanshepsteve
germanshepsteve

Male

Auto-Sleeper : peugeot warrick duo
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Reversing camera - Page 2 Empty Reversing screen brightness adjustment

Post by D0K55 Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:34 am

Hi all. Test drove my 2009 AS Gloucester on the weekend prior to taking ownership this Friday.
The reversing screen was really dark when backing up. Are there any brightness/ Contrast adjustments?
I haven’t got the manuals yet so don’t know the model. Thanks.
D0K55
D0K55

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:19 am

D0K55 wrote:Hi all. Test drove my 2009 AS Gloucester on the weekend prior to taking ownership this Friday.
The reversing screen was really dark when backing up. Are there any brightness/ Contrast adjustments?
I think the adjustments depend on the camera model. But to me, that sounds like a fault, as if it was a simple adjustment I would expect the previous owner to have done it. It could be the lens clouding over, but that often looks foggy rather than dark.
Sally
Sally

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2011

D0K55 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:32 am

D0K55 wrote:Hi all. Test drove my 2009 AS Gloucester on the weekend prior to taking ownership this Friday.

Probably a Veba display, that is what AS used around then. Does it have a small remote control?

Instructions (??) are in 4th post of this thread. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

D0K55 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GrahamF Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:30 pm

Like many other members I ended up having to change my Veba camera, in my case to a Sony CCD model.

Whilst there was a marked improvement in quality (water ingress in the Veba), I did not have the jaw dropping experience as reported by some others.

As I retained my original mirror mounted monitor, can I ask if anyone has knowledge of what additional improvement I could anticipate from upgrading this to something more modern, or would it be just a marginal effect?

Be interested in your views,

Regards Graham
GrahamF
GrahamF
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Worcester
Vehicle Year : 2012

D0K55 likes this post

Back to top Go down