The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo 2003 awning

4 posters

Go down

Nuevo 2003 awning Empty Nuevo 2003 awning

Post by Acowan Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:55 pm

Being a newcomer to motorhomes I am looking for advice on awning selection. I hope to retire soon and do a bit of travelling. For short stops I am sure that I can survive without an awning but for 2-3 day stops I would probably consider a wind-out awning for a bit of fresh air. For longer breaks I think a driveaway awning would be best. Has anyone got any recommendations for either type and is it possible to work with both types, or must I choose just the one? Thanks in anticipation.
Acowan
Acowan

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Nuevo 2003 awning Empty Re: Nuevo 2003 awning

Post by Askit Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:32 am

Can't offer advice about driveway awnings because, although it was on our list as a potential purchase, we quickly discovered it was something we would probably never use. What I can say is, in the 5 and a bit years we've owned our motorhome, I've only seen three being used by other motorhomers (plenty on campervans though). As for the wind out, we've used it on several occasions but mostly to protect us from wet weather rather than sun. If you use the search function on here there are quite a few threads on the topic with the usual differences of opinion.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:08 am

Driveaways are easiest to attach to a wind-out than other methods and a wind-out can be useful as a shade of shelter , so to me the obvious choice is to get a wind-out and then decide if you really need a driveaway. If you only want it to store chairs and perhaps a BBQ then consider a small come tent or what's called a utility tent, both much cheaper options.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:43 pm

I am also a newcomer to motorhomes and my advice is not to rush out and buy anything until you have had a chance to use your Nuevo.  Our Nuevo has the wind out awning which looks right but on its own doesn't provide that much protection from the sun or rain and it doesn't like wind.  As a result we have used it less often than we thought we would. I have seen others who have attached front and/or side screens to their wind out awning which also look good but its more stuff to carry and set up.  As an ex-caravanner I find not having to set up and take down an awning anymore, which may be wet, a real blessing.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down