The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peugeot Boxer change engine oil message

+2
Paulmold
Alwaysurfing
6 posters

Go down

Peugeot Boxer change engine oil message Empty Peugeot Boxer change engine oil message

Post by Alwaysurfing Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:13 pm

On startup the van dash says ***** change engine oil ******

Have only done 12500 km - currently in Banos Spain feeling a little fed up that the van is not playing it’s part......

Anyone have any advice on how to reset the message and/or what I should do?

It’s a 2019 Peugeot Boxer base.... corrinium duo.

Thanks
Alwaysurfing
Alwaysurfing

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Corinium
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Peugeot Boxer change engine oil message Empty Re: Peugeot Boxer change engine oil message

Post by Paulmold Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:19 pm

2006-2018 Peugeot Boxer Oil Service Warning Light Reset:
[list=X5LH0c]
[*]Turn off the ignition.
[*]Fully depress the GAS PEDAL and the BRAKE PEDAL.
[*]Turn the ignition key to “ON” position without starting the engine.
[*]Continue holding the gas and brake pedals until the CHANGE ENGINE OILappears on the display.
[*]Turn the ignition off and start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
[/list]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Peugeot Boxer change engine oil message Empty Re: Peugeot Boxer change engine oil message

Post by Alwaysurfing Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:26 pm

Ok excellent 
I’ll try this in the morning
Alwaysurfing
Alwaysurfing

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerThat Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:14 pm

My 2018 Boxer did this exact same thing, waaaaayyyy before the service / oil-change was actually required.

I used the same method Paul described here, no issues since up!
RogerThat
RogerThat
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Stanway
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Greyhound Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:55 am

I had it too after only 6 months.

I think the reason is Peugeot set the vehicles a time based service interval when they leave the factory.

Autosleeper then get the base van for conversion which could take them quite a while and then it also sometimes sits at a dealers, so when you eventually get it, it's already eaten into a lot of the built in 'countdown' from the factory.

I used the method to reset it above and worked a treat.
Greyhound
Greyhound

Male

Member Age : 53
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:44 pm

I had the same thing, had this reset at the purgeot dealership. They told me the same thing about the vehicle sitting or being built. They also had a memo affecting motorhomes saying that if it was over 18 months, they would need to charge for the oil change and would not reset. It was  a free reset for me. How changing the setting yourself would affect the warranty if the oil Change was needed?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Greyhound Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:54 pm

Shouldn't affect warranty at all. The warranty and oil change intervals etc all should start from the date of registration as far as I know.

Would be interested to hear of anyone has first hand experience of that though.
Greyhound
Greyhound

Male

Member Age : 53
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:06 pm

Someone told me, who had a Mercedes based motorhome the warranty started when it left the factory? How true this is?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Alwaysurfing Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:36 pm

This worked, thank you
Guessing my base Peugeot came out of the factory January 2018...

Will get the oil and filter changed at a convenient point as I think two years of sitting doing nothing and then a few thousand Miles doesn’t leave the oil in great condition.
Alwaysurfing
Alwaysurfing

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:11 pm

the warranty starts on date of  the registration the vehicle get put on the road. you should have been given a letter on the hand over day about oil warning indicator. vehicles now have a monitoring system that checks the quality of the oil. yes you can put the light out it says on the letter how to do this as Paul has said . but take it back to you dealer as per the letter. if you had no letter then contact the dealer you got you van from .
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Auto-Sleeper : kemerton xl

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:01 pm

I bought a new Fiat Ducato in 2014. In spite of being a bloke, I started to read the owner's handbook. It says the first oil change is due at 30,000 miles. Gulperoonie. I guess though, if it is used as a delivery van, it would do 30k before one year was up. Most of us will change it annually of course, irrespective of mileage.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 1 Bourton 1 Polensa
Vehicle Year : various

Back to top Go down