The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quiet Indicators - Wiring Information

2 posters

Go down

Quiet Indicators - Wiring Information Empty Quiet Indicators - Wiring Information

Post by gizmo26 Thu May 10, 2012 2:15 pm

I want to fit a buzzer to the indicate circuit on my Broadway (Peugeot Boxer). I have the buzzer and diodes, but wonder if anyone has a wiring diagram or knowledge of the colour codes for the left and right indicators at the wiring loom behind the steering column to save me having to check out every wire with a meter. rolleyes
gizmo26
gizmo26

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL

Back to top Go down

Quiet Indicators - Wiring Information Empty Re: Quiet Indicators - Wiring Information

Post by gizmo26 Sat May 12, 2012 5:28 pm

Finally got around to doing this job today using the sounder and two diodes. Such a difference when driving and being able to hear the indicators operating.

Anyone with same vehicle (Autosleeper Broadway on Peugeot Boxer) the wires can be found in the bundle running under the plastic cover over the front offside wheel. I picked up the wires to the rear indicators. The offside indicator is the THIN solid pink cable (Do not confuse with the thick pink one). The nearside indicator is fed by the thin pink cable with the black trace in it.

Total cost of parts from Maplins £2.37. up!
gizmo26
gizmo26

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL

Back to top Go down

Quiet Indicators - Wiring Information Empty Re: Quiet Indicators - Wiring Information

Post by DuxDeluxe Mon May 14, 2012 9:30 pm

Thanks for posting this. I had to rig an extension buzzer to the Towbar electrics that Watling installed but it was a bit easier than that....... Haven't noticed the need for an extra indicator buzzer but will listen next time out

Also just installed a Pioneer appradio 2 in the van. Nice bit of kit....
DuxDeluxe
DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway Crown

Back to top Go down