The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Levellers

5 posters

Go down

Levellers Empty Levellers

Post by Caraman Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:56 pm

We bought a pair of Milenco Triple 2 levelling ramps for our new Nuevo EK but on first use found them unsuitable as the Nuevo’s wheels are too big for the ramp’s pockets.  This necessitated the use of chocks as in order to use the Nuevo’s single berths the handbrake has to be released to allow the driver’s seat to be rotated. The Milenco Trident levelling ramps may have been a better fit for the wheels but they are too large for the Nuevo’s skirt locker. What type of levellers do other Nuevo EK owners use?
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Levellers Empty Re: Levellers

Post by Paulmold Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:12 pm

The triples pockets are too small for majority of motorhomes but most people use them including me. My Nuevo and current Sussex both have 15" wheels, newer vans have 16" so if I couldn't get 15's to fit them you've no chance with 16's. It's the handbrake  that is your problem. There is a thread on here somewhere of an adaption which works.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:27 pm

Gromit reported a modification which he made to his handbrake lever. I've copied that, successfully.
As I recall, undo 2 of the 3 bolts which retain the handbrake lever, and insert washers whereby to push the lever slightly towards the door when the lever is engaged. That allows the seat to be rotated. 

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:32 pm

I should have guessed it would be Gromits doing. I've searched but can't find it. If anyone can find it (maybe Gromit) then perhaps a mod could put it in the 'Factsheets' section.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:49 pm

I can't find it either, but Cymro has explained what I did.

A bit of trial and error to get just the right thickness of washers to do the job, but not at all difficult.
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:50 am

Thanks Paul.  The Nuevo also has a 15 inch rim size but as I am sure you are aware it’s the diameter or more precisely the radius of the tyre that counts.  The Nuevo has a 215/70 R15 tyre which gives an unloaded radius of 334 mm which is more than the radius of curvature of the pockets on the Milenco Triple 2.  So far Milenco hasn’t been able to provide me with the radius of curvature of any of its products other than confirming that the Trident’s radius is greater than the Triple 2. 
Thanks Gromit.  Your modification will help when reapplying the handbrake after the driver’s seat has been rotated but does it allow the seat to be rotated in the first place?  I would have thought not?
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:28 am

Caraman wrote:Thanks Gromit.  Your modification will help when reapplying the handbrake after the driver’s seat has been rotated but does it allow the seat to be rotated in the first place?  I would have thought not?
Yes, it allows the seat to rotate.
I wouldn't be dismantling the handbrake and re-aligning it every time I wanted to rotate the seat!  scratch head
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gary humphries Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:53 pm

Hi all
Why not just chock all wheels before releasing the hand brake.
Or am I missing something?
Gary:confused3:
gary humphries
gary humphries

Male

Member Age : 66
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:26 am

Thanks all.  I am taking the Nuevo back to Marquis a week today for warranty work when I will discuss Gromit’s handbrake modification.  The only reason I chose the Milenco Triple 2 levelling ramp was that it didn’t require chocks or even the handbrake to be applied, the latter being important in my case.  It also fitted into the skirt locker albeit just.  I didn’t realise that to fit the Nuevo’s tyre the much larger Trident was required which won’t fit into the skirt locker.  I was just trying to find out what other Nuevo owners use - presumably a ramp and chock and if so what make and size?
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:49 am

Caraman wrote:I was just trying to find out what other Nuevo owners use - presumably a ramp and chock and if so what make and size?

Hi Caraman

We use Milenco Triple 2 ramps, and until I read this thread I didn't realise they don't fit the tyres!!  scratch head 

They have always seemed perfectly OK to me (without chocks), and I've been quite satisfied with them, as (presumably) have the many other Nuevo owners who use the same model.

They are very bulky to store, so we bought a spare bag and cut both bags down to a wedge shape and sewed them up so each ramp has its own fitted bag. Then they fit perfectly behind the passenger seat when we are travelling - quite snugly so they stay put during the journey.

On arrival they are either put to use, or placed in the passenger footwell out of the way.

It works for us!  up!
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:23 am

Thanks Gromit.  To be fair when I took the Nuevo off it’s Milenco Triple 2s this morning its front wheels didn’t roll backwards off them as I expected them to do but they clearly were not a comfortable or stable fit.  I have had another play with the driver’s seat and discovered that with care it is just possible to rotate the seat without releasing the handbrake.  The handbrake is pushed hard against the plastic trim but I think it’s workable. blush
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down