Aye up me Ducks

Go down

Aye up me Ducks Empty Aye up me Ducks

Post by John&Maggie on Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:17 pm

Have made a few posts but did not do an introduction previously as due to circumstance and previously booked holidays we had not used our beautiful MH.
We bought our mint 2010 Lancashire from Derby Motorhomes having both fallen in love with it - Sally Ann - much preferable than a new MH at any price. Though novices we loved the quality homely, cosy ambiance; the fabrics and wood effect, light and airy, plush carpets with posh badges. Cooker, fridge, toilet, shower all look unused - not a mark anywhere.
If the previous owners are on the forum can we say a huge thank you. We have protected the front cab carpets and taken up the main carpets and replaced with cheap washable rubber backed carpets. Forum member Merv and his wife donated two empty propane bottles which strangely keep producing gas - thanks.
Our intrepid maiden voyage was to attend a wedding in Wem with the reception near Shrewsbury. We decided to go the day before the wedding and have a pub stopover at The Old Hand & Diamond Inn, Coedway. Great choice; lovely helpful staff, great food and beer.
Strange, next day to be stepping out of our Lancashire in the central car park of Wem dressed up for a wedding, then on to the posh Albright Hussey Manor Hotel where we stayed for second night - very nice. Visiting stunning Powys Castle and gardens the next day stopping at Rhyd-y-Groes Touring and Camping Park to use EHU and empty cassette for very first time. Headed homeward staying on our friends’ garden lawn for the last night near Bridgnorth.
Back home on the Tuesday but Maggie was keen to go away again so we set off North on Saturday to Stone Trough Inn, Kirkham Abbey, York. Once again very friendly helpful staff, excellent food and beer though sloping car park. On to the lovely Overbrook Caravan Park, Maltongate, Thornton le Dale, Pickering. So good to be on the edge of such a beautiful village with brooks running in all directions. Great Motor Museum and auction, hardware shop, bakery etc with two pubs. Great to make friends with other MH guests. Have booked to return soon as so much to see and do from this pretty tranquil base camp.
Aye up me Ducks Newmh10

You may have guessed these two “Aye up me Ducks” have taken to these new waters, new friends and our forum?best_friends
John&Maggie
John&Maggie

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK 2
Vehicle Year : 2010

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Aye up me Ducks Empty Re: Aye up me Ducks

Post by JandL on Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:41 pm

Welcome and enjoy the freedom.
JandL
JandL

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1999

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eltel on Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:07 pm

Great motorhome and a very good dealer 

Welcome from North Staffs
Eltel
Eltel

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobskate on Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:41 pm

Thanks for a very full introduction. I've made some careful notes as we are off to Wales and the Borders in a few days. Oh and welcome from an almost sunny Selsdon.
Bobskate
Bobskate
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum