The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanted Motorhome adverts

4 posters

Go down

Wanted Motorhome adverts Empty Wanted Motorhome adverts

Post by CJ1949 Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:01 pm

Since I needed to sell my MH I tried some of the 'Wanted ads'   "Ring here first" etc usually found in the back of the various magazines.

Its obvious that some people must take this route (the cost of the ads) but from my experience it was a total waste of time. 

Most I contacted were either not interested for various reasons or offered really stupid low offers. 
Only one offered a reasonable deal but this depended on me buying one of their stock as a replacement.

Perhaps its the time of the year or dealers are simply not doing so well with sales.
CJ1949
CJ1949

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Wanted Motorhome adverts Empty Re: Wanted Motorhome adverts

Post by Eltel Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:14 pm

CJ1949 wrote:Since I needed to sell my MH I tried some of the 'Wanted ads'   "Ring here first" etc usually found in the back of the various magazines.

Its obvious that some people must take this route (the cost of the ads) but from my experience it was a total waste of time. 

Most I contacted were either not interested for various reasons or offered really stupid low offers. 
Only one offered a reasonable deal but this depended on me buying one of their stock as a replacement.

Perhaps its the time of the year or dealers are simply not doing so well with sales.
Likewise 

I responded to a few Wanted Motorhome adverts some years ago and left details of the motorhome I was looking to sell.

Not one response 

Waste of time.

Eltel
Eltel
Eltel
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:00 pm

I'm pretty sure that their target markets are people who have not researched the value of what they have, and people who need money quickly. In my experience it's not unusual for the former to happen when an owner dies and whoever inherits the van wants it out of the way with the least fuss.

IMO they are no better than parasites, but perhaps that's a bit harsh! If people are happy to accept a ridiculously low offer for a quick sale, then they are providing a service for which there is a demand.
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:23 pm

When we tried to sell the Duetto privately the response was very limited and the prices people were offering were an insult. The hard part of selling is finding a price you will accept and people are willing to pay.
The dealer we bought the Rienza from offered us more for the Duetto than some of the private sales.
I sold both our Landrovers through Autotraders at a sensible price after comparing what other similar Landrovers were selling for.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down