The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boxer Harmony Owner 16 years

+5
roli
Gatcombeman
Waves117
Admin
Bartfarst
9 posters

Go down

Boxer Harmony Owner 16 years Empty Boxer Harmony Owner 16 years....

Post by Bartfarst Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:16 pm

Hello AS Forum!

Had a Boxer Harmony 2.0l petrol since 1995 and been all over Europe in it over the years, including Shetland, Faeroes and Iceland. Loads of experience with the technical side of early Boxers (yes, gearbox problems!) and I now know the conversion pretty well too. Experienced disgusting Peugeot main dealer sevice in early life so done all my own work for the last 14 years. Former member of ASOC Technical Group until AS started vetting all submissions. Left ASOC when they chopped the Club and Company Rally at Malvern which we used to enjoy.

The old Harmony is now looking a bit tatty after 16 years mostly stood on the drive: paint dull and starting to come off in places. So I've just embarked upon a major refurb, the principal element of which is transfer of engine, transmission, running gear, wiring harnesses, dashboard, steering and facelift headlights, bumper, wings and bonnet from a 2005 Fiat Ducato 11JTD donor facelift write-off van from eBay. Still skirting around the work to determine the feasibility of certain elements and getting the measure of the job - yes, it's major - but not found anything that I can't tackle quite yet. Started working life in Light Commercial Vehicle Development (BL Sherpa!) so looking forward to a bit of serious van building!

We love the Harmony layout and don't see anything equivalent in the current range, not that we could afford anyway, hence our desire to give "Vanny" (as the kids used to call it) a new lease of life. Basically it's small enough to virtually go anywhere, particularly to get to remote C&CC 'Hideaway' sites, whilst good on the open road too, albeit driven slow to get good mpg and poor on long hills fully laden, hence the desire for 2.0 HDi power. With us both being nearly 6ft the in-line sleeping arrangement is the only one feasible for us in a panel van conversion.

In the last year we've had bad experiences with the Omnistor Thule bike carrier for the Boxer - be warned!! Want to hear other experiences with Fiamma offerings.

Well that's who we are and what we do!

Question for someone please: when did AS stop making the Boxer Harmony and did it ever make the 2002 - 2006 Boxer facelift model config?

Thanks,

Bartfarst

PS Before you ask, my avatar shows our Harmony on a remote road in the Faeroes along which the locals lay their fishing nets for repair - more than 2miles long!
Bartfarst
Bartfarst

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper : 1995 Boxer Harmony

Back to top Go down

Boxer Harmony Owner 16 years Empty Boxer Harmony Owner 16 years

Post by Admin Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:27 pm

hellowave Bartfarst

Welcome to the forum up!
Admin
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Boxer Harmony Owner 16 years Empty Re: Boxer Harmony Owner 16 years

Post by Waves117 Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:25 pm

Hi Bartfast

Nice to see you you've joined the Forum

Waves117 Boxer Harmony Owner 16 years 70932
Waves117
Waves117
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : TRIDENT

Back to top Go down

Boxer Harmony Owner 16 years Empty Hello Bartfast

Post by Gatcombeman Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:33 pm

Welcome to the forum. group_welcome
Gatcombeman
Gatcombeman
Gatcombeman

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : VW Gatcombe

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:24 pm

From what I can find Bartfast, in answer to your query, there were no Harmony's made on the X250 chassis (I will stand correction on this)
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Bartfarst Mon May 23, 2011 11:54 am

Thanks for the welcome and comments regarding the X250 chassis and the Harmony.

Just in case you're interested, I've now virtually completed my Harmony rebuild from Petrol to 2.0HDi engine. Please see the link below for some 'fun' photographs!

Stuart

Harmony Rebuild Photos

PS I now have a 2.0 litre Boxer Petrol engine for sale, plus loads of other Boxer mk1 parts. Please drop me a line if you're in need.
Bartfarst
Bartfarst

Male

Back to top Go down

Boxer Harmony Owner 16 years Empty Hello

Post by VRH Mon May 23, 2011 9:37 pm

Hello Bartfast
Welcome to the forum.

VRH wave
VRH
VRH

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by Bartfarst Thu May 26, 2011 2:19 pm

roli wrote:From what I can find Bartfast, in answer to your query, there were no Harmony's made on the X250 chassis (I will stand correction on this)

Roger, OK on the X250. However I think the X250 is the latest 2007-on model isn't it? My question related to the Mk2 Boxer facelift van 2002 - 2006 which I think carried the designation X244. Please do you know if Harmony made it onot this chassis?

Thanks again,

Stuart
Bartfarst
Bartfarst

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu May 26, 2011 2:55 pm

I've just trawled through ads ( killing time this afternoon) and the latest I could find was a 2003, advertised as a Harmony but actually a Marquis Sussex but from the photos it appears to be on the early pre-facelift body and it's actually on a Fiat.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by andygump Thu May 26, 2011 4:34 pm

Hi Stuart'

Glad you have joined, and I envy your ability and enthusiasm to get the shirt sleeves rolled up. I have always done my own service etc (just done my annual oil change on the Exec), but I find now I am not up to crawling under vans now, but still manage to do whatever I think will make life easier and more comfortable in the Van. To me this was an important aspect of owning a Van or Caravan, a sort of escapism hugegrins Look forward to further reports on your latest project.

Welcome

Andy allthumbz
andygump

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Topaz
Vehicle Year : 1996

Back to top Go down

Boxer Harmony Owner 16 years Empty 2001 Harmony

Post by algy Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:50 pm

Hi Bartfarst
I have just bought a 2001 Harmony and unfortunatly there are no instruction manuals (previous owner had passed away)and the son dealt with the sale but had no idea where they where,would you know how I can get hold of them.

thank you..Algy
algy
algy
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL
Vehicle Year : 1996

Back to top Go down