The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Friday..

2 posters

Go down

Black Friday.. Empty Black Friday..

Post by bikeralw Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:25 pm

Well it's almost over now and I can say hand on heart that I bought diddly squat, not a penny escaped my wallet!
Seems at odds that the news item reporting sales were up umpteen percent, an all time high in fact, was followed by doom and gloom about cuts and record homelessness..
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Black Friday.. Empty Re: Black Friday..

Post by Guest Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:53 am

A news report yesterday indicated that this years Black Friday sales are down. They also found that the vast majority if the "deals" are anything but.

So called Price cuts are obscured by dubious terms and sharp practices. Amazon's continuous trick being to claim reductions against Recommended Retail Price, a figure that in most cases nobody has ever paid. PC World have laptops with specification builds that are not used in any other model making it impossible to accurately compare prices.

The original concept of BF was to stimulate interest in goods that were bought in as Christmas stock but not moving as well as expected. Now they go to manufacturers to deal for tightly priced items specifically for the BF event.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Black Friday.. Empty Re: Black Friday..

Post by -mojo- Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:43 am

Given that it was conceived as a sale linked to a public holiday that we don't even acknowledge in the UK, it seems to be fundamentally daft.

But, I have to admit that Dyas were giving 15% off everything* for anyone with a voucher, and the nice young lady at the till had a stack of vouchers sitting on the counter for anyone that didn't come prepared. So that saved me almost £2 on a Really Useful Box for the back of the Celex...

[*actually, I don't know if it was 15% off everything - I never saw the voucher, as she scanned it and then threw it away!]
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down