The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

C&CC National Feast of Lanterns at Arley Hall

3 posters

Go down

C&CC National Feast of Lanterns at Arley Hall Empty C&CC National Feast of Lanterns at Arley Hall

Post by roli Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:26 pm

Anyone going to the FOL next weekend ?
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

C&CC National Feast of Lanterns at Arley Hall Empty Re: C&CC National Feast of Lanterns at Arley Hall

Post by Traficlady Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:56 am

We are. We’ve never been to one before so not quite sure what to expect. I’m even making a stab at dressing up a bit. Unfortunately the weather forecast isn’t looking good.

Nora

Female

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

C&CC National Feast of Lanterns at Arley Hall Empty Re: C&CC National Feast of Lanterns at Arley Hall

Post by roli Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:56 pm

We have been to a couple  of FOLs before.  The1st one was brilliant and the weather good.  The second one I have to say didn’t impress as much

We have rallied at Arley Hall quite a few times with the MCC and like it as a venue (its only 7 miles from home)

Have just been sorting out the Flags and lights ( keep an eye open for the ASOF flag) with Liz’s Smiley
roli
roli

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Traficlady Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:11 pm

I’ll have the Flintshire flag flying - the black and white one in my avatar - with the Welsh, Westmorland and Essex flags. If I remember to bring the pole! Which, of course, will have lights up it. Hope to see you.

Nora

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:28 pm

Will keep an eye open but they get a lot of vans there
roli
roli

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Traficlady Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:23 am

They do at the motorhome shows too but I always seem to find Paulmold ok. 

Nora

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Betty's Mum Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:17 pm

I'm not going this year, planning on going next year when it is the West country.

I went last year and I think there were some hiccups (some traders didn't show up) and the closing of the event was a bit of a mess.  The pennon parade was over very quickly and they decided to do the closing ceremony straight afterwards (it was extremely hot and the thinking was not to keep people hanging around where there was no shade).  The whole procedure was then done before the closing ceremony was actually due to begin leaving many campers who had not been to the pennon parade perplexed as to when the closing ceremony was happening!

All in all I enjoyed what was only my second ever NFOL in 20 years of membership.  Hope you all have a great weekend.  allthumbz
Betty's Mum
Betty's Mum

Female

Member Age : 60
Auto-Sleeper : VW T4 Trophy
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Post by Traficlady Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:45 pm

Sounds a bit of a mess.

I’m looking forward to it (apart from the rain forecast) although I’m not a big fan of sci-fi. It’s less than an hour from home so we thought we’d go for it.

Nora

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:40 pm

Are you here yet Nora ?   Lots of vanswe are parked alongside the roadway that you come in on with Forum flag and Liz’s smiley flying. There are three other members here that I know of (2 in disabled area). Looking forward to the Weavers tomorrow night
roli
roli

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Traficlady Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:07 pm

Yes, we arrived about 11a.m. We’re in Force Field right opposite the chemical waste! Also going for Houghton Weavers tomorrow, not keen on most of the rest of the entertainment to be honest.

Nora

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:58 pm

Nice to meet you both.  Just took awning down was flapping too much.
roli
roli

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Traficlady Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:45 pm

Came home today, couldn’t see the point in sitting in the van all day in the rain. The storage tent and carpet are dripping away as I type.

It was a good weekend but not one we would do again, but glad we’ve done it. I loved the Houghton Weavers and enjoyed the parade yesterday afternoon (I was the Tom Baker Dr. Who with the curly wig). The lights in the streets last night were amazing. I’ve got some good photos. 

Nora

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:13 pm

Yes we did likewise, you had already gone when we left.  Beauty about that venue is is only 15 mins from home incl traffic lights!
roli
roli

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Traficlady Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:27 pm

Yes, about 40 minutesfrom us so reallyhandy.

Nora

Female

Back to top Go down