The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blooming Timewasters

+2
daisy mae
Kingham
6 posters

Go down

Blooming Timewasters  Empty Blooming Timewasters

Post by Kingham Sun May 13, 2018 9:09 pm

I think I'm allowed a bit moan in here today.

My kayak club had arranged a sea paddle for this afternoon and what a beautiful sunny afternoon it turned in to too, but a gentleman from Ayr was intending buying my fishing kayak and could only get down this evening, so I cancelled my paddle to make sure I didn't get delayed at sea and was available, with this guy travelling so far.

Every time I heard an engine in the street, I thought it was him, however at 17.40hr, he sent a text saying he'd rather come down tomorrow as he'd just woken up. I wasn't best pleased, but with going away on Tuesday for potentially a month, I preferred having it sold before I leave, plus the £500 cash would save me heading to the cash point three times.
I have a bit of time spare in the morning, so asked what was the earliest he could be at mine..... "16.00hrs" was the reply. Not being prepared to risk wasting another whole day, I told him to forget it.

I already had a second buyer in place, if the first was a 'no show' and he's buying it tomorrow allthumbz (if he shows up Whistle1)

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Blooming Timewasters  Empty Re: Blooming Timewasters

Post by daisy mae Sun May 13, 2018 10:11 pm

How frustrating, folk never seem to amaze me, how selfish. Hope you have better luck tomorrow. Enjoy your trip anyway.

Best regards,
Margaret

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by BobK Mon May 14, 2018 9:49 am

Similar experience started about ten days ago ....  I have a brand new Wastemaster which I inherited with my previous van and put it on Gumtree.   Received a text response asking if I still had it, which I confirmed.   No further response for several days then a further text asking if I would consider hiring it through fatlama.com  scratch head.       I told him (assume it was a "he") that he could purchase it from me and then he could recoup by hiring it out  Whistle1.     Further delay and then further text ...  He only needed it for a few days and would give me £15.00.       I told him to make actual physical contact  ....  if he had been local and a genuine person, i would probably have lent him it.    Further delay and then finally  thank me for my time but he had made alternative arrangements  ...  probably a plastic bucket !

Anyone had any dealings with fatlama.com.   Similar to Gumtree except you hire out your stuff through them, they cover with insurance and take a cut.

By the way..... brand new Wastemaster complete with maker's zipped bag, also has shelf space with bungee cords to  carry a toilet cassette.   ...  the whole package would be about £80.00, anyone want to make me a reasonable offer.    I had it on Gumtree for £50.00.

regards to all  Bob
BobK
BobK

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Autosleepless!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 14, 2018 7:16 pm

Had a big sort out when we needed loft access for some work. Got a big pile of stuff which could have some value when you find the same thing on fleabay. It is the stories of conmen and timewasters that put me off even trying, don't think I could put up with the hassle.

Anybody interested in 200 lazerdisks and a player? hugegrins
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman Mon May 14, 2018 8:03 pm

HairyFool wrote:Anybody interested in 200 lazerdisks and a player? hugegrins

Ask Techmoan [Matt]- he collects things like that.

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingham Mon May 14, 2018 8:30 pm

BobK, I've never heard of Fatlama and it's not something I'd be interested in, I couldn't be doing with the hassle.

My timewaster actually did me a favour, today's buyer paid £80 more than I'd agreed to sell to the timewaster. He still got a bargain at that price !

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Mon May 14, 2018 9:58 pm

HairyFool wrote:Had a big sort out when we needed loft access for some work. Got a big pile of stuff which could have some value when you find the same thing on fleabay. It is the stories of conmen and timewasters that put me off even trying, don't think I could put up with the hassle.

Anybody interested in 200 lazerdisks and a player? hugegrins

Ebay should be fine for low value (in relative terms) collectables. I've sold a loft full of stuff like D&D board games, 1960s toys and the like, and of a couple of hundred sales I only had two or three problem buyers - and none of them ended with me making a loss. It's high value stuff that most of the timewasters and scammers are interested in.

The timewasters that really annoy me are the ones on Freegle - where you are giving the item to them, but they still can't be bothered to turn up!
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by mcubbin Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:18 am

Going off topic a bit, I am really interested in the idea of a 'fishing' kayak, what's the difference from a standard kayak ?
mcubbin

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:26 am

You usually sit on top of a fishing kayak, rather than in them.[not me - I hasten to add]
Have a look at THESE

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down