The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo no power to 12v habitation socket

4 posters

Go down

Nuevo no power to 12v habitation socket Empty Nuevo no power to 12v habitation socket

Post by raymondo Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:45 pm

about to head away and discovered no power to the 12v habitation socket  or TV aerial booster (wiring diagram shows that they are on the same curcuit) Ive checked the fuses and they seem ok.

any one got any ideas?
raymondo
raymondo

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo ek

Back to top Go down

Nuevo no power to 12v habitation socket Empty Re: Nuevo no power to 12v habitation socket

Post by -mojo- Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:54 pm

I'm not sure what fuse arrangement you have - but if you have blade-type fuses they are well known for appearing to be OK when they are not!

If you don't have any spare fuses, it may be worth temporarily swapping in a fuse from another circuit to see if that reveals anything. Of course if there is a wiring short somewhere, that technique is likely to end with a board full of blown fuses, so obviously if the first swap causes another to blow, stop until you have have a chance to buy some spares!
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Nuevo no power to 12v habitation socket Empty Re: Nuevo no power to 12v habitation socket

Post by Gromit Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:00 pm

raymondo wrote:about to head away and discovered no power to the 12v habitation socket  or TV aerial booster (wiring diagram shows that they are on the same curcuit) Ive checked the fuses and they seem ok.

any one got any ideas?
Stating the obvious (which it's very easy to overlook! rolleyes ) I presume you have switched on the Sargent control panel by the hab door. The 12 volt sockets won't work if that's not on.
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by raymondo Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:04 pm

yes panel on every thing else working I will swop some fuses around
raymondo
raymondo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by raymondo Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:29 pm

OK fuses all checked all OK but I noticed a connector block behind the gas flue I gave it a wiggle and now every thing seems OK - whether it is or not time will tell!
raymondo
raymondo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by raymondo Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:30 pm

OK fuses all checked all OK but I noticed a connector block behind the gas flue I gave it a wiggle and now every thing seems OK - whether it is or not time will tell!
raymondo
raymondo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dare-devil-dennis Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:37 pm

Hi

Well done for finding the reason, but if there is a loose connection that can be made to connect / disconnect by giving it a "wiggle", please consider re-making the connections in this connector block so they are not loose. 

Not only will it prevent the fault returning (if that was the cause) it should be remembered that poor/loose/hight resistance electrical connections will get warm/hot when trying to supply the things you connect to to it. You might save yourself more trouble down the line.

Best wishes

Dennis
Dare-devil-dennis
Dare-devil-dennis
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by raymondo Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:45 pm

unfortunately to properly get at this connector would require dismantling the gas flue something I am disinclined to do at the moment as I am about to set off and if it all goes wrong I could be stuck without heating.

Im not even 100% certain that it is this connector but it does seem likely
raymondo
raymondo

Male

Back to top Go down