The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sprinter broken rear spring AGAIN

+12
Libraryman2
big'nuf
R1GURU
crosgor
gemdeco
inspiredron
burlingtonboaby
Beagle
Liam
PLOUGHLIN
Peter Brown
Jaytee
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Sprinter broken rear spring AGAIN - Page 3 Empty Re: Sprinter broken rear spring AGAIN

Post by Jaytee Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:22 pm

Peter Brown wrote:
Jaytee wrote:Is yours the single or twin spring Peter?

Its the single spring.

As my van is the oldest with respect to you and Bernie, I'm beginning to think about possible preventative maintenance.  I've had to use Red Pennant in Europe in 2016 and 2017, I'd rather avoid the third time.
You've got a lot of miles on yours Peter, perhaps the springs have been sufficiently tempered by now  hugegrins

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Sprinter broken rear spring AGAIN - Page 3 Empty Re: Sprinter broken rear spring AGAIN

Post by groundhog Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:30 pm

Not wishing to make light of this problem but it sounds like Goldilocks and the three bears, mines too hard, mines too soft, mines just right snigger 

As to the extra couple of inches of lift that sounds like a positive benefit to me up!
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:15 am

Just done a quick 600 miler and totally delighted with the Midland Road springs. Much much better ride quality, no probs with handling as we travelled South (against travel warnings) in snow and gale force winds last Saturday and solid as a rock on the motorway (well as solid as any box van can be lol). Higher at the back but not an issue and useful as sons driveway had a slight slope so we were level.
I have also made a 'large' adjustment to TP's re advice from Continental which I have noted on another thread and the whole ride is transformed.
Happy bunny I am allthumbz

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesie Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:22 am

Looks like I’ll be spending some money ! Glad you’ve found a solution. Can you message me the TP figures please Jaytee
Keep in touch, Jonesie.
Jonesie
Jonesie
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:03 pm

Had the Mercedes guys do a special check on the rear springs when the MOT was done yesterday at 24000 miles, no sign of any cracks or damage at all. Will be keeping an extra watch though. up!
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesie Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:10 pm

That’s good news GH, My horns arrived yesterday, so if weather stays dry this weekend, I’ll fit them.
Never go anywhere on Bank Holidays - made that mistake about 20 years ago.
Hope to nip over to Midland Spring soon, to sort out the rear end.
All the best,
Jonesie.
Jonesie
Jonesie
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesie Mon May 07, 2018 3:12 pm

New springs fitted at Midland Spring at Coleshill last week, van sits much better now at the rear end.
Will see how it behaves in Devon next week. Can’t be any worse than the C33 springs as were on originally.
Jonesie
Jonesie
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Tue May 08, 2018 8:05 am

Bernie showed us a photo of the broken spring and you couldn't have made a cleaner cut with a hacksaw and it wasnt where I would have expected the break (experience on F1 Stock Cars!!)

Wonder if you could post photo Bernie, sure it will interest Sprinter Owners
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee Tue May 08, 2018 2:35 pm

roli wrote:Bernie showed us a photo of the broken spring and you couldn't have made a cleaner cut with a hacksaw and it wasnt where I would have expected the break (experience on F1 Stock Cars!!)

Wonder if you could post photo Bernie, sure it will interest Sprinter Owners
As ours were, just a clean 'snap'. Behind axle on first break and in front of axle last break. Both drivers side  scratch head . 
Still 'really' pleased with the Midland springs. Plus I don't have to worry about them breaking AND can travel with full everything:allthumbz: .

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bernie Wisely Tue May 08, 2018 8:47 pm

Hope these show clearly, the spring broke at the front end.
Bernie Wisely
Bernie Wisely

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Tue May 08, 2018 8:51 pm

Bernie Wisely wrote:Hope these show clearly, the spring broke at the front end.
I cant see the pics Bernie.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Bernie Wisely Tue May 08, 2018 9:07 pm

Sorry about that can't seem to get it to work.
Bernie Wisely
Bernie Wisely

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3