The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Autosleeper Rienza Hub caps

3 posters

Go down

Autosleeper Rienza Hub caps Empty Autosleeper Rienza Hub caps

Post by Chas Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:39 am

Hi
I would like to replace the ugly Ford small hub caps on the Rienza with some that cover the whole wheel. They old are not great looking and l very tired and rusty. Will any 16" fit?

Charles
Chas
Chas

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Rienza

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Rienza Hub caps Empty Re: Autosleeper Rienza Hub caps

Post by roli Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:52 am

I would think so the Tranny has straightward non fancy wheels. The Ford ones on ours cover the whole wheel and look tidy, but when we had the Executive I took the wheel trims off, guess it was partly cos I didnt like them and partly cos it was a pain to get through them with a tyre guage.
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by BobK Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:25 am

Morning Charles ... take it you are talking about the actual wheels being rusty - seems unusual that you have metal hub cabs in these modern times. The wheels are fairly standard so any good set of trims should do the trick. Ford ones will be more expensive but they do look classier.

Mine has Ford plastic hub caps , slightly dimpled, which just cover the wheel nuts. They were getting a bit shabby but I gave them a good flat down with wet and dry and then a couple of coats of acrylic laquer. Does smarten them up. Would agree that if the wheels are rusty, it is not a good look.

Bob
BobK
BobK

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Autosleepless!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chas Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:37 am

Thanks guys

Yes just the wheels rusty and the dimpled hub caps that cover the wheel nuts a bit worn. Will look into some Ford hub caps that cover the whole wheel.javascript:emoticonp('smile!')

Chas
Chas
Chas

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Rienza

Back to top Go down