The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DAB & Sat Nav Radio Upgrade

4 posters

Go down

DAB & Sat Nav Radio Upgrade Empty DAB & Sat Nav Radio Upgrade

Post by gemdeco Thu 30 Nov 2017 - 16:06

Hi
    I am thinking about being very extravagent and buying a combined unit but reading all the possible problems and not understanding much of it,is it worth the expense or do I just use what I have,if I change can anyone recommend a good unit
thanks
Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Member Age : 73
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

DAB & Sat Nav Radio Upgrade Empty Re: DAB & Sat Nav Radio Upgrade

Post by MikeJJ Thu 30 Nov 2017 - 17:57

Hi, I have just been thinking of adding a Pure Highway 400 DAB adaptor to work with the existing Mercedes Audio 10 model radio which is fitted to my m/h.  As you, I was also uncomfortable with handling all the potential issues in swapping out the factory unit but it does depend on the extent to which your Mercedes chassis is based around a canbus electronic system.

On a previous Fiat chassis I added a double DIN Pioneer AVIC-980DAB-C which is a very powerful fully integrated unit and it worked well, particularly as you can add the dimensions of the m/h to avoid unsuitable routes.
MikeJJ
MikeJJ
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : MB - Burford
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by meanchris Thu 30 Nov 2017 - 18:15

gemdeco wrote:Hi
    I am thinking about being very extravagent and buying a combined unit but reading all the possible problems and not understanding much of it,is it worth the expense or do I just use what I have,if I change can anyone recommend a good unit
thanks
Alan

You can add a DAB adapter to the Pumpkin Android head units.

I've just bought and fitted a single DIN Pumpkin unit to our new moho, and I'm thinking that I might add the DAB+ dongle eventually.
The one I bought is this one:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and the DAB+ dongle adapter:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The benefit of the proprietary combination of head unit and adapter is that the DAB+ radio then appears as an integrated part of the unit, like the FM radio is already.

All you need then is a stick on windscreen aerial, although it looks like that comes with the adapter.
meanchris

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Thu 30 Nov 2017 - 20:06

There is a coincidence I was thinking of getting the Pioneer AVIC F88DAB but waiting for the January sales!
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down