The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Door flyscreen for 2005 Nuevo

4 posters

Go down

Door flyscreen for 2005 Nuevo Empty Door flyscreen for 2005 Nuevo

Post by BarryP Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:47 am

Hello Ladies and Gents, Sorry that I have been absent from the forum for a while - ill health tends to restrict one's activities somewhat. The recent warmer weather has highlighted for us the desirability of being able to have the main door open to add to air flow, without the dogs popping out for unscheduled and unaccompanied walks.Has anyone ever attempted fitting such (pretty standard on caravans of course) and if so how has it been achieved whilst keeping the van doggie-proof? Any thoughts would be much appreciated please.

Barry
BarryP
BarryP
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Door flyscreen for 2005 Nuevo Empty Re: Door flyscreen for 2005 Nuevo

Post by big'nuf Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:00 pm

I have a 2013 Stanton and unbelievable has no door fly screen either...I would be very interested if anyone has fitted one?....good luck Barry
big'nuf
big'nuf

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Stanton and Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2013/201

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:06 pm

Is it a flyscreen as such that you want, or a dog restraint?

If the latter there's always a stand at the shows where they sell a very neat, folding dog stopper to fit across the bottom of the door. I've never examined one closely, but they claim they make a model for just about every van.

I think they are expensive for what they are, and if you are handy with wood I'm sure you could make something just as good for a tenner. It wouldn't be a 10 minute job to get it fitting properly, but worth a go I would think.

This is their website.   http://www.k9gates.co.uk/
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by BarryP Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:01 pm

Many thanks. I have tracked down the guy who sells at shows and his product is certainly pretty good - but horrible expensive for what it is. Pinching his design, we are now going to make our own from spare wood in the garage. I was looking for a flyscreen which would also deter doggie escapes as well but can't seem to find anything. However, have found a heavy duty screen which will supplement the dog gate and serve both purposes. Total cost - £9.70. Spot on with your costing!!

Grateful for the advice as always,

Barry
BarryP
BarryP
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:28 pm

If your westie is anything like our's was lord help the fly screen if a cat is passing by.
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by BarryP Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:03 pm

You forgot to mention squirrels, rabbits, pigeons, rooks, seagulls, children, other dogs, or other people! The fly screen has been cunningly designed to hang outside the dog gate - and we can still close the door with them in situ. Have we solved all the issues? Probably not - Westies are smarter than us!!
BarryP
BarryP
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:30 pm

We were on the camc site in Blackpool and there were a few chickens loose on site, One night we decided that we were so knackered that we went to bed early, after about 30 minutes you know just when you are dropping off to sleep, she starts growling and the only way to shut her up was to go outside, well she shot under the van by the engine and I never seen chickens move so fast.
She was alright after that.
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:37 pm

breakaleg wrote:We were on the camc site in Blackpool and there were a few chickens loose on site, One night we decided that we were so knackered that we went to bed early, after about 30 minutes you know just when you are dropping off to sleep, she starts growling and the only way to shut her up was to go outside, well she shot under the van by the engine and I never seen chickens move so fast.
She was alright after that.
Pete
I had visions of your wife under the van in her floral nightie Pete!!!  Whistle1   broomstick

Just shows that it pays to read through a thread before jumping to conclusions.  snigger
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:41 pm

Don't wish to change the subject (but will anyway) we were both just nodding off one night when the sat nav (which couldn't have been turned off when I put it in the case said) turn around when possible, so we both turned over and fell out of bed.
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Back to top Go down