The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Autosleepers Neuvo II 2011 Aerial Position

+2
CC
Neuvosleeper
6 posters

Go down

Autosleepers Neuvo II 2011 Aerial Position Empty Autosleepers Neuvo II 2011 Aerial Position

Post by Neuvosleeper Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:48 pm

How do other members find the signal reception when parked as required on site that is, unable to manouver . In my opinion situated as it is screened by the roof edges, on ours anyway,(( may 11) Has any readers tried A/S re changing to the better push up variety, as fitted on our I.H Savannah, + many others. Brian.
Neuvosleeper
Neuvosleeper

Male

Member Age : 87
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo 11
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Autosleepers Neuvo II 2011 Aerial Position Empty Re: Autosleepers Neuvo II 2011 Aerial Position

Post by CC Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:50 pm

Hi Neuvosleeper, which aerial is fitted to your Nuevo, you mention a Dome?

Ours is fitted with a Status 530 and despite being the short pole version it easily clears the roof side....

I personally would have preferred a Teleco Teleplus x2 as fitted to some Nuevo models, but I understand Autosleeper returned to using the Status aerials for some reason shrugg

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Autosleepers Neuvo II 2011 Aerial Position Empty Airel Position

Post by Neuvosleeper Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:34 pm

Hi C.C. The reason I stated 2011 in my topic was the very point you ask, its a fixed "mushroom shape" and in my opinion unsuitable for purpose on the Neuvo roof with it's verticle flanges. However C.C. seems no other members are interested, thanks for your input. P.S perhaps you can help-- I typed a reply into " Winterisation" 10 mins ago , and about to SEND, it disappeared.?? have you seen it, is the page timed ? wave Brian.
Neuvosleeper
Neuvosleeper

Male

Back to top Go down

Autosleepers Neuvo II 2011 Aerial Position Empty Aerial Position on Nuevo

Post by burlingtonboaby Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:04 pm

Hi Brian
I have a Status 530/10 fitted to my Nuevo ek es, this has replaced the useless Omni Directonal thing that A/S fitted.
The shaft comes down in front of the clothes rail in the wardrobe in the down position and extents up about 30 ins above the roof, gives a good picture so far, however we have a spare Avtex we can put on a pole if required.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Autosleepers Neuvo II 2011 Aerial Position Empty Airel position

Post by Neuvosleeper Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:32 pm

Thanks Boaby!, thats all very well But how much naff idias are we going to put up with when spending lots of money on something widely advertised as "the d.bs" hoped perhaps several 2011 Neuvo owners may reply then we have a go at the designers, I mean A/S. Why take up valuable space carrying "in case its needed stuff" or back up bits. We no longer travel in V-dubs with its limits. I often wish I did, seemed more "fun" did'nt expect perfection water carriers, buckets, lifting roofs and bunk beds were the wonders of ---Dormobiles. Now well forgotten. Brian Whistle1
Neuvosleeper
Neuvosleeper

Male

Back to top Go down

Autosleepers Neuvo II 2011 Aerial Position Empty Re: Autosleepers Neuvo II 2011 Aerial Position

Post by Robbie Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:32 pm

Digital signals this past couple of years need a better signal so if you after good TV whilst out in the motorhome in all places your going to need to think about a sat system, either a manual one or self seeking but the self seeking are not cheap approx £1400.

Maxview are decent in manual heres an example [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As for 2011/12 owners, I would assume any owner could specify what ever they want TV from AS at when buying. The Cotswold comes with the maxview system. I like news when I'm away apart from that I dont watch Tv though the boss likes the odd ctach up on the soaps :)
Robbie
Robbie
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Cotswold

Back to top Go down

Autosleepers Neuvo II 2011 Aerial Position Empty aerial position

Post by murph Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:05 am

Hi All,
I have a status 530 fitted with the pole in the wardrobe, this at present has a short pole. but according to Grade UKs website a longer pole is available at a cost of £25, which would raise the aerial by about 3 feet, can any one tell me if these produce any improvement in reception.

Brian
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:22 pm

murph wrote: Hi All,
I have a status 530 fitted with the pole in the wardrobe, this at present has a short pole. but according to Grade UKs website a longer pole is available at a cost of £25, which would raise the aerial by about 3 feet, can any one tell me if these produce any improvement in reception.

Brian

Hi Brian
We have replaced the Omni-directional aerial with a Status 530/10, we needed the extra height to clear the fins on the roof of the van, I dare say it should improve the reception, the higher the mast? No doubt there will be an aerial expert on the forum.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Autosleepers Neuvo II 2011 Aerial Position Empty Dome airel 2012.

Post by Neuvosleeper Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:53 pm

Thanks Boaby, I realise as you have said re fitting the alternative airel is a way round the "height" necessary to clear the sides. My point is that I am dealing with a "new' vehicle (2011) with iffy kit on board from new. to replace my unit with a "pole" version means removal of the original and alterations to the roof apateure, I can do this as could most of us but it will invalidate the comprehensive warranty issued by A/s in fact as I read it that would invalidate the whole body build, All this unnecessary concern should not be the case A/s vehicles are supplied through dealerships and supplied as is from a stock, any later alterations are at a considerable cost and covered by the said warranty. Summing up ---We are printing money for the whole set up. As I said in a previous reply under "winterisation" back to A V-Dub, those were the "fun" days. Brian. twiddle_thumbs Now --back to the darkened room.
Neuvosleeper
Neuvosleeper

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dandywarhol Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:43 pm

I use the original mushroom to signal to a dongle fitted to the usb port on a laptop computer - great signal, even in the depths of Scottish woodland!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Clubman Anniversa
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:12 am

Neuvosleeper wrote:Thanks Boaby, I realise as you have said re fitting the alternative airel is a way round the "height" necessary to clear the sides. My point is that I am dealing with a "new' vehicle (2011) with iffy kit on board from new. to replace my unit with a "pole" version means removal of the original and alterations to the roof apateure, I can do this as could most of us but it will invalidate the comprehensive warranty issued by A/s in fact as I read it that would invalidate the whole body build,

Can you not simply ring AS if your worried about the warranty, after all they will do any work or any warranty work required irrespective of where u buy a vehicle. I would ask them about the options but if you want TV reception anywhere in the Uk at a Guess you will need a Sat system something like a maxview which AS fit and supply to some models. Auto seek are expensive
It is annoying finding out that your not happy with the TV system but no matter what marque of MH you would have bought, unless it had the next step up the ladder from the status you would not of been happy think_smiley_46. The problem is that unless the supplier knows exactly what the customer wants from any aspect of their MH its hit and miss what we get as a spec.
Robbie
Robbie
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Cotswold

Back to top Go down

Autosleepers Neuvo II 2011 Aerial Position Empty Nuevo 11 aerial position/type

Post by burlingtonboaby Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:30 am

Neuvosleeper wrote:Thanks Boaby, I realise as you have said re fitting the alternative airel is a way round the "height" necessary to clear the sides. My point is that I am dealing with a "new' vehicle (2011) with iffy kit on board from new. to replace my unit with a "pole" version means removal of the original and alterations to the roof apateure, I can do this as could most of us but it will invalidate the comprehensive warranty issued by A/s in fact as I read it that would invalidate the whole body build, All this unnecessary concern should not be the case A/s vehicles are supplied through dealerships and supplied as is from a stock, any later alterations are at a considerable cost and covered by the said warranty. Summing up ---We are printing money for the whole set up. As I said in a previous reply under "winterisation" back to A V-Dub, those were the "fun" days. Brian. twiddle_thumbs Now --back to the darkened room.

Hi Brian
I hear what your saying about A/S fitting the Dome aerials as standard, If your purchasing or part exchanging a van from dealership stock, then your only choice as we did was to agree an aerial upgrade at the time, We had a cruise control fitted at the same time.
We love the Nuevo for the extra room and comfort for longer trips away.
We also us a 3G dongle like Mr dandy, via the i pad, if we up in the highlands visiting the wifes folks.
Boaby

burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dandywarhol Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:20 pm

Don't think it's a 3G dongle Boaby - it's purely a tv dongle with a cd software package to install on the laptop.

It isn't internet, just TV - got it in Aldi for around £14 - works a treat, made by ARC I think

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Autosleepers Neuvo II 2011 Aerial Position Empty Neuvo 11 Aerial position on roof

Post by burlingtonboaby Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:01 pm

dandywarhol wrote:I use the original mushroom to signal to a dongle fitted to the usb port on a laptop computer - great signal, even in the depths of Scottish woodland!

Thanks for that bit of info Dandy, we have Aldi in Bridlington, so will have a look at your device.

Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dandywarhol Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:13 pm

T'was nearly 2 years ago - haven't seen them for a while

It's like this though - jeezus they're getting cheaper............................

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Autosleepers Neuvo II 2011 Aerial Position Empty Nuevo 2011 Ariel position Dome.

Post by Neuvosleeper Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:47 pm

ll joints
Neuvosleeper
Neuvosleeper

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Neuvosleeper Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:49 pm

Nice reply boaby and thanks. All these technical gadgets linked to laptops, sounds good if it works in the Cairngorms I'm impressed----However "whats the simple answer, without a load of wires and gadgets stuffed in nooks etc: Think I'l do as H.I.D. suggests "go away forget T,V its all repeats anyway" Like the astronemers on T.V. tonight watch the stars in a clear un-polluted sky somewhere north, like Norway. Regards all. Brian. To the starlit room tonight. scratch head
Neuvosleeper
Neuvosleeper

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:08 pm

murph wrote: Hi All,

Brian

Hi Murph

Might be wrong but I cant really see how an extra 3ft is likely to make that much difference, as you are already much lower than your average roof height even with the extended pole. The Status 530 is not the best aerial around from what I can see although some mysteriously rave about the performance of theirs on various forums. I haven't used ours a great deal, but it appears to be a bit hit and miss even when using a signal meter to align it. The figures for the 530 state an 18db gain with the amp whereas the Teleco Telepus x2 states a 38db gain and seems to be a far better aerial

more info here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Would be nice if Grade bought out a better performing aerial to compete with the Teleco which is a straight swap for the 530, GradeUK / Status created an account on the forum a while back so perhaps if they read this they could comment if they have anything in the pipeline?

CC

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by dandywarhol Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:58 am

burlingtonboaby wrote:
dandywarhol wrote:I use the original mushroom to signal to a dongle fitted to the usb port on a laptop computer - great signal, even in the depths of Scottish woodland!

Thanks for that bit of info Dandy, we have Aldi in Bridlington, so will have a look at your device.

Boaby

Here's one in Maplins Sale Boaby

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Autosleepers Neuvo II 2011 Aerial Position Empty Nuevo 11 aerial upgrade

Post by burlingtonboaby Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:26 pm

Hi Dandy

Thanks for that Maplins thread. will have a look at it detail. it was nice of you to find it for me.

Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Autosleepers Neuvo II 2011 Aerial Position Empty Nuevo 11 roof aerial type/position

Post by burlingtonboaby Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:43 am

burlingtonboaby wrote:Hi Dandy

Thanks for that Maplins thread. will have a look at it detail. it was nice of you to find it for me.

Boaby

I should add that the aerial upgrade to a Status 530/10, included a new Vision plus Digital amplifier VP1 and new coax wiring to and from amp to aerial. We need the height on the longer tube to clear the roof fins, so the aerial is clear above them and surrounding vans.

Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dandywarhol Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:15 pm

We've just got the standard amp thingamy and flying saucer which came with the van for analogue telly - works fine with the dongle.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down