The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teleco saucer aerial V vision plus 420

3 posters

Go down

Teleco saucer aerial V vision plus 420 Empty Teleco saucer aerial V vision plus 420

Post by kaspian Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:02 pm

Just completed a week away and spent a few days at Monifieth /Dundee. Avtex tv picked up the usual 8 bbc channels only using the inbuilt teleco saucer on the roof. Problem is local signal is vertically polarised so tried my cheap second hand image 420 directional aerial on a homemade fibreglass rod which connects to the rear bike rack. Restarted  the autotune and guess what 90+ channels received.Just goes to show the difference between omni/uni directional  aerials.Saying that there is not much worth watching anyway.....Interesting reading at    http://www.aerialsandtv.com/touringaerials.html for those who can be bothered.

Last edited by kaspian on Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addition of link)
kaspian

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : WARWICK XL
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Teleco saucer aerial V vision plus 420 Empty Re: Teleco saucer aerial V vision plus 420

Post by biffobear Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:59 pm

Directional every time. Teleco Teleplusx2 is a excellent aerial and better than the Status one. I have had both  and reviewed in MMM
biffobear
biffobear

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Montana
Vehicle Year : 1998

Back to top Go down

Teleco saucer aerial V vision plus 420 Empty Re: Teleco saucer aerial V vision plus 420

Post by ScribesWtr Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:14 pm

Just reading the posts re Teleco Plus 2 aerial v other makes.  When we purchased our Broadway we were impressed with the Teleco reception as opposed to the  Vision Plus fitted to our last van.  However, not long after purchase, we noticed water running down the mast and into the wardrobe when the aerial was set to the vertical position.  Our three month old van went back to the dealers for warranty work and the leaky aerial was one of the things which was supposed to be fixed.  It wasn’t!
Reception was initially excellent but over a few years has deteriorated significantly and I’m now looking to replace the aerial with something which works for a few years rather than drenching my better half’s clothes.  The Vision Plus never did that and worked reasonably well.
ScribesWtr
ScribesWtr

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down