The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell me about my Inca

+4
Gromit
Petesymphony
meanchris
Ramblers
8 posters

Go down

Tell me about my Inca Empty Tell me about my Inca

Post by Guest Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:39 pm

Complete novices in Motorhoming We bought this about a month ago, a  2004 2.2HDi model with 40,000 miles, .. I/we chose this simply because it's the right size, is a four(Ish) berth, has four travelling seats and we liked the layout... and it looks nice smile!

I read a little about them, but could only find references to them being a decent enough motorhome, ie.. not a bag of s**t..!

We've had a few weekends away in it and are delighted with our purchase.. we're off to France next month for three or more weeks.

I know nothing about the construction, other than it's Fibre Glass .. in fact, it's proved virtually impossible to find any info of this kind.

....so bottom line, are Incas considered 'good' motorhomes, or just average?

Cheers.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Tell me about my Inca Empty Re: Tell me about my Inca

Post by Ramblers Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:17 pm

If you Google "mmm Auto-Sleeper Inca review" you will be able to read all about your van. Hope this helps ... Jeff

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:40 pm

Thanks Jeff, that's review was about the only thing I found about Incas, a good write up that helped me decide..
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by meanchris Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:14 am

I think that you'll make your mind up for yourself, when you use it in anger.

You'll probably find things that you like and things that you don't.

What I would say, is to make absolutely sure that everything works and that you're carrying everything that you'll need, including a basic but wide ranging tool kit, before you set off for France.
Make sure that you also have full recovery insurance covering your trip, just in case.
meanchris

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : N/A

Back to top Go down

Tell me about my Inca Empty Re Tell me about my Inca

Post by Petesymphony Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:49 pm

I have owned my Inca 2.8 EK for just on a year. Having owned several motorhomes over the years , I can tell you without reservation that this is the best of the bunch. One or two minor niggles....noisy operation of water pump, easily overcome by introducing a piece of polyurethane packing between the pump mounting and the toilet wall, situated under the wardrobe floor. also if the pipework to the pump is semi rigid plastic pipe, introduce a piece of flexi plastic hose in the lines. Result almost silent pump operation. Fitting a handbrake extension handle makes life much easier. This applies to most of the Sevel manufactured vehicles. Another tip given to me by a mechanic is to gently push up on the heki roof when you initially start to take the weight on opening, makes the mechanism last much longer. Apart from the airline type lights I have modified all to led operation and fitted a roof solar panel, so that we can park "off mains" while away. Other than that we have fitted some extra suction mounted wire stowage baskets in the washroom. Hope you enjoy your Inca and have a lovely time in France
Petesymphony
Petesymphony
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : INCA EK 2.8 HDi
Vehicle Year : 2005

Madeline likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:57 pm

Hi Les

Nothing wrong with the Inca.

Can't get a straightforward link to work, but if you copy and paste this code it should take you to a very comprehensive review.

Code:
https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/userfiles/file/MMM%20historic%20road%20tests/Auto-Sleeper%
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:24 am

When it was built it was the widest van AS had built and as others have said you dont get that many problems with the Inca.  From that era you would obviously be better with the 2.8 engine rather than the 2.5
Peter had one if I remember correctly and there still a few come to rallies. The Inca was 1st of the line,  Sigma, Broadway etc
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:03 am

We seem to have bought a decent motorhome by the sound of things.
As I said earlier it's a 2004 2.2HDi.. and drives very well indeed, sifting through the receipts etc, that came with it (quite a lot actually), it appears to have been 're-programmed' to produce about 130bhp, though not having driven any before have no Idea of any improvement or not.
It also has a 100w solar panel on the roof, and Gas-It refillable gas bottles plus a cycle rack.. we're very pleased with it.
The interior is virtually as new too.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:32 am

Relax and enjoy it then Les.

It's too late now anyway if you had bought a duffer!!     shrugg  rolleyes
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:48 am

I think you're right Gromit...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:07 pm

We had a 2005 End Lounge Inca for a few years. We were very happy with it as were the other Inca owners I know.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Tell me about my Inca Empty Great ideas.

Post by Madeline Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:05 pm

Petesymphony wrote:I have owned my Inca 2.8 EK for just on a year. Having owned several motorhomes over the years , I can tell you without reservation that this is the best of the bunch. One or two minor niggles....noisy operation of water pump, easily overcome by introducing a piece of polyurethane packing between the pump mounting and the toilet wall, situated under the wardrobe floor. also if the pipework to the pump is semi rigid plastic pipe, introduce a piece of flexi plastic hose in the lines. Result almost silent pump operation. Fitting a handbrake extension handle makes life much easier. This applies to most of the Sevel manufactured vehicles. Another tip given to me by a mechanic is to gently push up on the heki roof when you initially start to take the weight on opening, makes the mechanism last much longer. Apart from the airline type lights I have modified all to led operation and fitted a roof solar panel, so that we can park "off mains" while away. Other than that we have fitted some extra suction mounted wire stowage baskets in the washroom. Hope you enjoy your Inca and have a lovely time in France
I like the idea of a handbrake extension - where on earth does one get one?
Madeline
Madeline

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Inca
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:42 pm

Google 'Kobran handbrake extender' or 'Rare Spares extender'. Sometimes come on eBay.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Madeline likes this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum