The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adding additional blower outlet to Nuevo

3 posters

Go down

Adding additional blower outlet to Nuevo Empty Adding additional blower outlet to Nuevo

Post by CC Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:08 pm

I'm interested in adding an additional hot air blower outlet to the end of the bed so it blows hot air into the cab as this is a very big unheated area in the Nuevo..

My question is regarding the ducting pipe and connection.. most people would no doubt use a "Y" adaptor but I don't think there is enough room around the battery to accommodate one of these so was thinking that a "T" would keep things neater, but my concern is the efficiency? would we get an equal air output from both outlets ie the current one in the center of the seat / bed base, or would the air mainly rush past the "T" outlet as it's a straight thru path for the air to flow to the end vent scratch head What I'm trying to say is, I don't want to reduce the efficiency of the standard vent already in place?

Here is the "T" adapter which looks like it would just come through the hole and the blower vent would just screw into, then simply attach the duct to each end, is it that simple?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Adding additional blower outlet to Nuevo Empty Re: Adding additional blower outlet to Nuevo

Post by boxerman Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:08 pm

Why not cut the ducting say half way along the battery and fit a "Y" piece? then (to my mind) you are more likely to get an equal flow though both outlets.

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Adding additional blower outlet to Nuevo Empty Re: Adding additional blower outlet to Nuevo

Post by CC Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:48 pm

Hi frank.. Don't think there is room to get a "Y" connector in that space, plus I need to get through the center panel where the (PDU) three stage charger is mounted, between that and the release handle as neatly as possible in order to continue the duct to the end panel where the drivers cab is, the "T" connector would just enable the installation to be so much neater but just concerned as to how efficient the final result would be?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Maybe the "T" is shaped inside to divert the air flow slightly? Think I will have a look in the CAK catalog to see if they have anything suitable

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:00 pm

Hi there,

There will always be a "preferred" flow to one of the outlets so, whatever you fit, "keep it simple" is the best advice I can give!

Best regards,

drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:14 pm

I mean the "Y" to be under and over rather than side by side, so the the second duct would be either under or above the existing one.
Of course, you can see what space you have better than I can. If you used a "T" piece, the I think you would need some kind of restriction in the second outlet.

What you really need is a pair of the old Ford / Vauxhall "eyeball" dash vents then you could shut one, both or none off - and angle the flow as well hugegrins

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down