The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auto-Sleepers Nuevo Folding mirrors

5 posters

Go down

Auto-Sleepers Nuevo Folding mirrors Empty Auto-Sleepers Nuevo Folding mirrors

Post by Actionmike Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:05 pm

Do/should the wing mirrors fold in automatically on a 2007 Nuevo when you turn off the ignition? You can adjust the mirror glasses from a switch inside the cab, but can you set the stalks to retract too or do you have to manually fold them in?

Thanks
Actionmike
Actionmike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : NUEVO EK 3.0
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Auto-Sleepers Nuevo Folding mirrors Empty Re: Auto-Sleepers Nuevo Folding mirrors

Post by CC Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:23 pm

They manually fold in on Nuevo, had no reason to think otherwise myself?

I love playing with the electric mirror controls though, great fun hugegrins

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Auto-Sleepers Nuevo Folding mirrors Empty Re: Auto-Sleepers Nuevo Folding mirrors

Post by Paulmold Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:26 pm

CruizingComet wrote:I love playing with the electric mirror controls though, great fun hugegrins

Oh dear! CC, you need to get out more. snigger
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:01 pm

Paulmold wrote:
CruizingComet wrote:I love playing with the electric mirror controls though, great fun hugegrins

Oh dear! CC, you need to get out more. snigger

How very dare you! hugegrins

All little luxuries for me Paul, never had stuff like this on the Trident... didn't even have an adjustable steering wheel... never mind electrical gadgetry content

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Actionmike Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:54 pm

Asked the question 'cos I have another switch to play with just back from the joystick, which has a pic of mirrors on it, The handbook says retractable mirror switch, but nothing seems to happen when its used!?. Looking forward to our trip up to Norfolk in the van on the 23rd. Mike.
Actionmike
Actionmike

Male

Back to top Go down

Auto-Sleepers Nuevo Folding mirrors Empty folding mirrors

Post by murph Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:02 pm

Is there a blown fuse, we had the electric passenger side mirror on the car stop moving, repalced the fuse and hey presto working again. ours doesn't have a switch in this position. If all else fails try Mark at Autosleepers he really is a fountain of knowledge, If he doesnt know his computer might. Alternativly does it look like a DIY job which could have been disconnected.

Brian
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Post by Actionmike Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:56 pm

Hi Brian, thanks for your reply.
The fuse that covers the electric mirrors also does this switch (on the chart). As they work, and you can here an electric "clicking" when the switch is used there seems to be power to it. Have got my electric stephoscope out to listen for any whirring when the mirror stalks are moved, or when the switch is used, will do this t'morrow. Mike.
Actionmike
Actionmike

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:09 pm

Mike, ours doesn't have the switch that you refer to located behind the joystick so it's possible this was an optional extra at time of ordering? I'm sure an email or call to Auto-Sleepers would be able to clarify this for you?

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Actionmike Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:24 pm

Hi, yes definately factory fitted, as it matches pic in manual. I think I'll give AS a call tomorrow aswell!. Thanks. Mike
Actionmike
Actionmike

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:53 pm

Any joy with this Mike? Did notice in my handbook last night that the switch you mentioned is pictured and was indeed an option..

Hope you enjoy Norfolk, which area are you staying at?

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Actionmike Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:44 am

Hi CC,
checked out mirror mounts for any whirring noises when you fold them, but couldn't hear anything mechanical. My Claire has checked online with Peugeot, and it seams to be an option only fitted if requested when new. Oh well, I'll have to fold them by hand!!
Leaving for Norfolk 2mrw morning, heading to friends in Saham Waite (near Watton). Then Friday, down to Hailsworth for Xmas eve', and back up to Hockering ( near Dereham) to my Sister's for the rest of hols
Mike..
Actionmike
Actionmike

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:38 pm

Hi Mike,
Does seem odd how you have the switch fitted in your Nuevo, but it's not connected to anything or working confused3
Oh well.. enjoy your trip to Norfolk, it's been lovely and sunny here the last couple of days smile!

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Actionmike Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:47 pm

Happy New Year to you all.

We had a great time in Norfolk with the van. It was its first real journey, other than the 100 mile trip home when we collected it from the dealer. Did about 500 miles in total and it drives like a dream.

Haven't had chance yet to check out the folding mirrors switch but did notice that it feels warm around the switch area compared to the rest of the trim as though some sort of electrical current is present.

Actionmike
Actionmike

Male

Back to top Go down

Auto-Sleepers Nuevo Folding mirrors Empty Nuevo folding mirrors

Post by burlingtonboaby Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:00 pm

Hi Mike
No folding mirrors on my 09 Nuevo, I notice over the years that vehicles have the switches, or buttons without the electrics connected, I think it depends on the specification during build.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down