The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bristol Balloon Festival

3 posters

Go down

Bristol Balloon Festival Empty Bristol Balloon Festival

Post by JDS Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:14 pm

Just had a very pleasant four days with the Motor Caravaners Club at the Bristol  Balloon Festival.
Weather was really good but too windy for the balloons, first flight was Saturday evening, and then 0630 Sunday morning. Fantastic to see all the balloons in the sky together. An excellent weekend costing just £37 for four nights. Free entry to the festival.
Good to meet Barry and Fi' (Stone B) and a good number of Auto-sleepers present.

Dave

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton ES LT
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Bristol Balloon Festival Empty Re: Bristol Balloon Festival

Post by PennyandDerek Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:16 pm

We were overnighting on the Downs.
Saturday late afternoon/evening we were on the Park and Ride opposite you. Good view towards the city with no major trees in the way.
Sunday a.m. we were on the bridge to watch the first ascents, then travelled down to Flax Bourton to be on the landing fields.

Excellent weekend.

Derek

ps what about that mad idiot.............. crazypilot
PennyandDerek
PennyandDerek
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES Lowline
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by JDS Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:57 pm

What mad idiot?

The bi plane pilot?

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton ES LT
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by stoneb Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:48 pm

Great to have met you too, John and Jeanette. Also very encouraging to have seen several other A/S owners. We wish you all many happy years of safe M/H enjoyment.

That "Mad Idiot" was amazingly, fantastically, excedingly, highly skilled, wasn't he? An ex-fighter pilot apparently. We were in utter awe of his bravado and skills! So much entertainment, but, I'll bet, highly underestimated in his skill level.

Pity the vast majority of stalls were fast food outlets. I expect many potential sellers were put off by excessively high rents. I understand the ice cream vendors had to pay £1000 per vehicle, per day, to be able to offer their products. The prices were so high with comodities such as a single scoop ice cream with a chocolate flake "99" @ £2.50, or a portion of chips @ £3.00, a beef burger @ £5.00etc. They didn't get my pension pennies though, and yes, I probably do squeak as I walk along!

Best wishes from Winnie Winchcombe, Barry, Ve, and Pepi chihuahua.
stoneb
stoneb

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down