The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Electric step on a Stanton

3 posters

Go down

Electric step on a Stanton Empty Electric step on a Stanton

Post by Aldercow Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:27 pm

On my Mercedes Stanton the rear door step flys out every time you unlock. The problem is when you start the engine it takes ages before the buzzer sounds & it goes back in. You need to be very careful at petrol stations for example. Lock van, go & pay, come back unlock get in start & go to pull away & blimey the steps still out. Can you program the step not to extend when unlocking van with key fob? How's it done?
Aldercow
Aldercow

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Mercedes Stanton
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Electric step on a Stanton Empty Re: Electric step on a Stanton

Post by -mojo- Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:00 pm

According to the Stanton Owner's Manual, the modification should be done by an A/S authorised dealer. It seems reasonable to assume that your van is still under warranty, so I would recommend that you do it that way.

It's almost certainly a jumper setting in the EM45 interface unit, but as A/S do not document these jumpers it's not something to recommend that you fiddle with yourself (I would - I'd check to see if it has 3 jumpers and, if so, I would change jumper 2 and see what happens - but, to reiterate - I don't recommend that you do that...).
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldercow Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:27 pm

Just had a look on the Sargent web site & a dealer manual seems to imply its programmed via the display panel by pressing two buttons to enter the programming mode, scrolling through to the step automation section & selecting none. Might have a look tomorrow.
Aldercow
Aldercow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:50 pm

Ah, OK - seems like you've got manuals that are more up to date than the ones on Autosleeper's website. If it's that obvious (and obviously reversible) then I can't see any reason not to try it.
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldercow Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:03 pm

Have followed the simple steps as in Sargent manual & re-programmed step from the display panel. Anybody who wants to do it can do easily - with panel showing AS logo press & hold up & down arrows together until it enters the menu. Using up or down arrows step through to step automation. Mine was showing both for step going in & out with locking & unlocking. Use side arrow to select NONE. Use up or down arrows to then step through menu to exit & press side arrow. Done. No step flying in & out when locking & unlocking. Just be careful not to mess with any other settings as you step through menu as they should be left as set for your van.
Aldercow
Aldercow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthony Salamone Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:11 pm

Had  mine done by mark at AUTO SLEEPER took 2 min best thing I've done in out just press the button if you need it no worries you don't need it at a petrol station
Anthony Salamone

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : stanton
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down