The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mclaren Motorhomes.

2 posters

Go down

Mclaren Motorhomes. Empty Mclaren Motorhomes.

Post by Pete Taylor Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:36 pm

I am a motor-sports photographer and often wander around the paddock at lunch-time, photographing, chatting and seeing what's what in general. There are usually loads of Motorhomes, ranging from (increasingly fewer) VWs and white-goods Transits/Pugs with trailers to the giant American things, with pull-out sides and awnings the size of a tennis court (I'm not exaggerating). Towards the end of last season I spotted a new Mercedes Sprinter MWB panel-van conversion; built on the unit with full glass side windows (bus?), very attractive in metallic grey. 

Before we bought our Stanton I was looking for something like this but all I could find were the two LWB Lunar conversions; IH seeming to have moved away from M-B. I wanted a SWB van and preferably not one with furniture made from recycled cardboard (allegedly) ;-) we like to get into wild(ish) places so a bigger van was not on but we wanted proper cooker, etc. I had reservations about the width of a coach-built but decided that the Stanton was best thing availablefor us. The Nuevo "habitation unit" has been around for years and 99.9% of any issues have been eradicated, so putting one of these on a Merc with auto was a very sensible proposition.

Were I to be looking for a new van now I might not be rushing quite so fast to the A-S door; have a look at the layouts (a bewildering number) and options here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'd be interested to see what you folks think. Obviously some of their market is aimed at gin-palace types who need full multi-coloured leather and a thousand LEDs but the van I saw was finished in sensible, practical, live-in fabrics and hard surfaces; in fact it was a van that A-S could and should be producing, imho.

Cheers,
Pete.

Pete.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Pete Taylor
Pete Taylor
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Stanton.
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Mclaren Motorhomes. Empty Re: Mclaren Motorhomes.

Post by daisy mae Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:49 pm

Sorry Pete, do not like anything about them, not homely for a start, wood effect is horrible and the grey no thank you, on a dull day would look even more depressing, sorry just my opinion. then again wouldn`t do for us all to like the same things, so thankfully there is a choice out there, though for me it definitely wouldn`t be a new MH of any make.

I do like the Mercedes base, happy with my VW. allthumbz

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down