The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caprice cooker hotplate heat shields

+7
daisy mae
inspiredron
Maasai Warrior
groundhog
TravelKat
Peter Brown
artheytrate
11 posters

Go down

Caprice cooker hotplate heat shields Empty Caprice cooker hotplate heat shields

Post by artheytrate Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:58 pm

We have noticed on quite a few Auto Sleepers that the Caprice cooker as fitted have folding heat shields on the side of the hotplates.
When we picked ours up new March 14, there were non of these fitted so we thought that is how it should be, doe's any one else with a 2013-14 coach built have these fitted or are they something fitted on later models.

John.
artheytrate
artheytrate

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Caprice cooker hotplate heat shields Empty Re: Caprice cooker hotplate heat shields

Post by Peter Brown Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:02 pm

I think they are fitted when the hob is adjacent or near upholstery. If its surrounded by worktop they are not fitted.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Caprice cooker hotplate heat shields Empty Re: Caprice cooker hotplate heat shields

Post by artheytrate Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:09 pm

Hi Pete I've seen them today fitted on the Broadway EB same as ours and also on other models, but on the X290 chassis where is ours is the X250 chassis 2014.

John.
artheytrate
artheytrate

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelKat Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:50 pm

Peter Brown wrote:I think they are fitted when the hob is adjacent or near upholstery.  If its surrounded by worktop they are not fitted.
Not sure; ours is a 2016 model Winchcombe, which has the hob adjacent to the habitation door on the left side and worktop to the right of it, and that does have the heat shields fitted.

No help to the OP of course as ours isn't a 2013/2014, but I thought I'd point this out.
TravelKat

Female

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:40 pm

None on our 2012 Worcester.... now Winchcombe.
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Maasai Warrior Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:07 pm

Hi John, just seen your post. We picked up our new Broadway EB on the 1st March 2014, and our cooker is fitted with these shields.

Hope you get something sorted out with AS about this.

Pete
Maasai Warrior
Maasai Warrior
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway EB owner
Vehicle Year : Mar 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by artheytrate Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:19 pm

Cheers Pete,
artheytrate
artheytrate

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:46 pm

None on our 2012 (EK) "Nuevo" but we have never felt the need for any.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:33 am

You are right Ron the crapice doesn't need any more help it rattles enough on its own...
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:28 pm

It's the Caprice - and I reckon that it is a very good cooker!  It must be well nigh impossible to stop rattles from metal against metal when room has to be left for expansion. I know that my OH would not like to have to lever the shelf out.  We have stopped a lot of the rattle by using bubble wrap around the grill pan grid and around the baking tins inside the oven.
We get more rattles from the microwave and, as far as I can see, they are from the internals of that and not from bad fitting by A/S. I am hoping to remove it and to go inside to stop them.  In the meantime if rattles get too much I simply remove my hearing aids which cuts down the treble!  snigger hugegrins

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by artheytrate Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:51 pm

Or turn the radio up.

John.
artheytrate
artheytrate

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:11 pm

I put grill pan in a silicone laptop zipped sleeve, same with the roasting and baking tins another sleeve  travels on the oven shelf , stops it rattling, also have a separate cutlery tray for kitchen knives, scissors serving spoons etc that goes in another one under the flap under the sink, stops rattling, easy and quick to use and take off also easy to store when on site. These are cheap to buy . I have the non slip matting one piece between glass lid and hob top another piece on the glass top, saves scratches and things do not slide off. obviously remove when cooking.
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:50 pm

daisy mae wrote:
. I have the non slip matting one piece between glass lid and hob top another piece on the glass top, saves scratches and things do not slide off. obviously remove when cooking.
Why do you need the piece of matting between the hob top and glass cover Margaret? I think mine will be the same as yours, and the two built in rubber support/clips hold the glass lid very securely about 5mm above the burners with no rattles at all.
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by stoneb Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:23 am

Our Crapice (thank you, groundhog) oven had no hob heat shields either. Being right next to the habitation door it is subject to draughts when the door is open. Fearing the gas hob could be blown out by a draught, I made a stainless steel shield to fit on the left hand (by the door) side, if required. Easy!

Rattles? Perhaps the Crapice thinks all babies have them (being a baby oven)?
Ours gets several tea towels wrapped round its attachments, purchased as reminders of our travels.

Many Crapice oven doors fly open in Transit (ours in in a Sprinter), Mark at AS fixed ours with a stronger door catch, but it still opened! I fixed it with a 1/4 turn buckle fitted to the woodwork about 1/2 way down the right hand side of the door!

'Nuff from me. Best wishes, Barry.
stoneb
stoneb

Male

Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:35 am

bikeralw wrote:
daisy mae wrote:
. I have the non slip matting one piece between glass lid and hob top another piece on the glass top, saves scratches and things do not slide off. obviously remove when cooking.
Why do you need the piece of matting between the hob top and glass cover Margaret? I think mine will be the same as yours, and the two built in rubber support/clips hold the glass lid very securely about 5mm above the burners with no rattles at all.
Al.
Because when I went over the speed humps the large ones, the lid lifted up and then banged down, no matter how slow and gently I went over them, and I go over them nearly every day , it is going into a village, so cannot be avoided.

I don`t  have any support clips, just four small rubber buttons, one in each corner,  that the glass rests on , and it certainly doesn`t stop the glass lifting in certain situations, hence the matting.

I also do not have heat shields the metal kind, do not need them, I think my caprice cooker is the best one I have ever had in any camper / caravans, it is solidly built and substantial, perhaps it is the newer ones that are " new and improved "

Last edited by daisy mae on Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : heat shields)
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyLouch Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:13 pm

daisy mae wrote:I put grill pan in a silicone laptop zipped sleeve, same with the roasting and baking tins another sleeve  travels on the oven shelf , stops it rattling, also have a separate cutlery tray for kitchen knives, scissors serving spoons etc that goes in another one under the flap under the sink, stops rattling, easy and quick to use and take off also easy to store when on site. These are cheap to buy . I have the non slip matting one piece between glass lid and hob top another piece on the glass top, saves scratches and things do not slide off. obviously remove when cooking.

Hi, what a great idea! Saves wrapping everything up in tea towels! Will definitely copy that DM!
AndyLouch
AndyLouch
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 66
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by artheytrate Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:08 pm

stoneb wrote:Our Crapice (thank you, groundhog) oven had no hob heat shields either. Being right next to the habitation door it is subject to draughts when the door is open. Fearing the gas hob could be blown out by a draught, I made a stainless steel shield to fit on the left hand (by the door) side, if required. Easy!

Rattles? Perhaps the Crapice thinks all babies have them (being a baby oven)?
Ours gets several tea towels wrapped round its attachments, purchased as reminders of our travels.

Many Crapice oven doors fly open in Transit (ours in in a Sprinter), Mark at AS fixed ours with a stronger door catch, but it still opened! I fixed it with a 1/4 turn buckle fitted to the woodwork about 1/2 way down the right hand side of the door!

'Nuff from me. Best wishes, Barry.

Turn buckle good idea Barry as mine opens now and again of it's own accord, but we don't think the caprice cooker is too bad at all.

John.
artheytrate
artheytrate

Male

Back to top Go down

Caprice cooker hotplate heat shields Empty Re cooker

Post by spanner Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:50 pm

We have a 2013 Broadway with the Caprice cooker and we have the heat shields, a worktop one side and the sink on the right
spanner
spanner

Male

Member Age : 104
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down