The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2004 Pollensa Overcab Mattress????

3 posters

Go down

2004 Pollensa Overcab Mattress???? Empty 2004 Pollensa Overcab Mattress????

Post by RickHelenWoody Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:15 pm

Hi All,

I Have recently acquired a 2004 Pollensa on a 2.4 Ford Transit Base, one of the snags that came with the vehicle is it did not have an overcab mattress and we were assured by the seller that they would ship one to us.

Well yesterday a mattress did arrive, however it was a normal mattress made to the smallest dimensions of the overcab compartment. This means that the mattress is still a normal rectangular shape with no difference in length on the front side as the cab actually has.
It also is the same thickness and weight as a standard mattress meaning it is very heavy compared to the original. it also does not fold obviously so this is totally not fit for purpose within our camper.

Does anyone know where I might be able to get hold or a new/refurbished or second hand mattress for this area and vehicle. I plan on sending this mattress back to the seller and demanding my money back but will want to source another myself as they clearly couldn't be bothered to do it properly even though we have spent thousands of pounds.

Any information would be appreciated, I'm totally gutted and its properly taken the shine of the buying and owning process due to bad sales.

Regards

Rick
RickHelenWoody
RickHelenWoody

Male

Member Age : 47
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa, 2.4 Diesel
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

2004 Pollensa Overcab Mattress???? Empty Re: 2004 Pollensa Overcab Mattress????

Post by Peter Brown Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:25 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Both above have good reputations

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

2004 Pollensa Overcab Mattress???? Empty Re: 2004 Pollensa Overcab Mattress????

Post by rogerblack Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:17 pm

Note that the original mattress for our 2002 Pollensa overcab bed is not a single folding item, it is in fact made of three separate parts, made to fit the contour of the bed area.  The pieces then stack easily when the bed floor is folded up.

Ours are all stored in the garage as we now only use the overcab bed for storage - if you have any problem getting the right shapes & sizes made up, I could dig ours out and trace the outlines on brown paper for you.

cheers
Roger

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down