The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Western Motorhome Show - Malvern

+5
daisy mae
Happy Motorhomers
RML
artheytrate
Dago
9 posters

Go down

Western Motorhome Show - Malvern Empty Western Motorhome Show - Malvern

Post by Dago Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:18 pm

Anyone at the Western Show next week? We are with  MotorhomeFacts group. Watch out for ASOF flag being flown, along with others. allthumbz

Super Donator & ASOF Supporter
Super Donator & ASOF Supporter

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : 2007 Executive
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Western Motorhome Show - Malvern Empty Re: Western Motorhome Show - Malvern

Post by artheytrate Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:02 am

We're going with fun.

John.
artheytrate
artheytrate

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by RML Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:37 am

We're going with Knaus (endangered species)... but I speak to anyone... even Hymer owners if they can see below their noses..... ha ha ...  hugegrins
Rich..
RML
RML

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : Ex - Gatcombe
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Motorhomers Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:55 pm

We're going with ASOC. coffee_drink
Happy Motorhomers

Female

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper : Cotswold EB
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:27 pm

Hoping to go, haven`t booked will be in general.

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Parkes Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:30 am

Heavy schedule with holidays all booked around rallies & daughters wedding but doing day visit on the Saturday. Have a good time everyone.
Peter Parkes
Peter Parkes

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by vwt4 Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:50 am

we will be there Thusday in C&CC section
mike vwt4
vwt4
vwt4

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Trophy
Vehicle Year : 1994

Back to top Go down

Post by vwt4 Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:24 pm

Hello All
could I ask those members who attended Malvern Country and Western show what they thought of the evening entertainment over the weekend, personally speaking I was not impressed with some of them, I didnot pay the extra to see the Saturday evening entertainment but listening to peoples comments it was not that good.
mike
vwt4
vwt4
vwt4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:14 am

We didn't go this year (been twice before) mainly due to not being impressed when I looked up the list of entertainment. I like what might be described as commercial country E.g Glen Campbell, Shania Twain, John Denver etc but on the two occasions we went, I didn't enjoy unknown (to me) artistes singing their own compositions. That put me off going again. 
And as for re-enactment gunfight at the OK corale and the singing of 'the trilogy' no thanks. I'm sure some folk enjoy that but I found a whole weekend of it too much.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by vwt4 Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:22 am

sounds like the same this year then, artists singing there own songs, there was one act called "Farmer Dan Band" and believe it or not they actually sang a song about John Deere Tractors, that was it for me, early night!!
mike
vwt4
vwt4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:03 am

I couldn`t go to the evening shows as the rescue dog cannot be left in MH , the daytime shows the shooting upset the  other dog she was petrified, didn`t see any of that , heard from a distance so went back to MH, found the stalls/ indian /western village history very interesting, spoke to a lot of the  group, wished I could have seen the shows , hoping to go next year, although a lot of campers said they wouldn`t be going again due to lack of facilities, this didn`t bother me, there were toilets and I use my own shower, it was the lack of waste water disposal as I use a wheeled container watered the trees in a little spinney that was very rough ground and didn`t n`t see anyone in there, a few others did the same, I never put grease, don`t use fat, always wiped dirty plates with kitchen towel before washing up.

Some from another forum used what they called magic buckets, buckets with holes in the bottom so was letting waste water on to the pitch, others opened their taps when driving away, I was a member of this club, after a year it  wasn`t for me.saw the light hugegrins  I think this is the best forum.

PS I was impressed with the facilities at the Norfolk Motor Home show, will go there again,  it was a bit of a let down at Malvern, especially as I was on general camping, thought it was  car park basically it was I suppose, the CC&C area looked much better. although when it rained heavily on the Friday I think we were better off on the hard standing.

Last edited by daisy mae on Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : PS)
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:39 am

Like Paul last year didnt impress us and that was the only Warners show we went to (under pressure) as like many of the traders who no longer go think they are overpriced when you consider the weather can turn these events into a disaster so will stick to NEC October Show and Event City Manchester January show, neither being affected by rain and wind
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:21 am

daisy mae wrote: it was the lack of waste water disposal as I use a wheeled container watered the trees in a little spinney that was very rough ground and didn`t n`t see anyone in there, a few others did the same, I never put grease, don`t use fat, always wiped dirty plates with kitchen towel before washing up.

Some from another forum used what they called magic buckets, buckets with holes in the bottom so was letting waste water on to the pitch, others opened their taps when driving away, I was a member of this club, after a year it  wasn`t for me.saw the light hugegrins  I think this is the best forum.

If you read the notes supplied in the welcome pack given out when you arrive, it tells you (as it does at all these shows) to take your waste water home. I have yet to meet any motorhomer (except American RV's) that has a waste tank large enough for 3 or even 4 days grey water. I usually wheel my waste container to a tree or shrub and empty there. I have seen wastemasters wheeled to the chemical disposal points and emptied there but I don't think that helps.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:41 am

Norfolk was very organized to the traffic control and the facilities, even to waste water disposal, Malvern on the other hand came across as unorganized, like for 3/4 of an hour we were sent to one warden to another three times we were told to go down one road when getting there told we had to go back where we had come from, nearly turned round to go home, then someone said try by the horse stables, right, get there told to wait, a line behind us just waiting why those in charge were trying to think what to do. it was not organized, perhaps the amount of vehicles overwhelmed  them. shrugg

Last edited by daisy mae on Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : letter missing)
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by artheytrate Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:11 am

We also went to Malvern with Motorhome fun and to be honest we had one of the best long week ends ever, this might be as we have not done these shows before, even though we have been motorhomers for 11years.

John.
artheytrate
artheytrate

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down