The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oyster Sat dish

4 posters

Go down

Oyster Sat dish  Empty Oyster Sat dish

Post by Bushman Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:59 pm

I have heard that some Oyster systems under 2 years old are not working due to some TV programmes are being transferred new satellite and receiving in UK programmes in Spain with a UK dish has been problematic.

Has anyone had receiving problems with older Oysters?
Bushman
Bushman

Auto-Sleeper : Excelsior

Back to top Go down

Oyster Sat dish  Empty Re: Oyster Sat dish

Post by 1Oll Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:29 pm

Bushman wrote:I have heard that some Oyster systems under 2 years old are not working due to some TV programmes are being transferred new satellite and receiving in UK programmes in Spain with a UK dish has been problematic.

Has anyone had receiving problems with older Oysters?

After reading a few posts regarding various recent Oyster problems I decided to pop out and test mine.
After turning the Amethyst round on a sloping site to make sure it wasn't locking on by memory, it took a couple of minutes to lock on to Sky news, via my Aldi Freesat tuner. All appears ok. My system was purchased secondhand from ebay, not professionally fitted and is the mk2 version but may be a few years old.
Regards Brian in Sunny Macclesfield.
1Oll
1Oll

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 1995 Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:25 pm

Hi,
Since the BBC have moved something or the other from Astra 2 sat, a lot of auto tuners will not work, friend of mine only bought his 6 weeks ago, he had to pay Conrad Anderson £20.00 for the re tune, should he have needed a firmware update, the Bill would have been £150.00.

As I used my cry-stop auto lite a couple of weeks ago, worked fine Monday to Wednesday, on Friday, it couldn't locate Astra 2.
Went to the NEC show the following week, talked to road pro, who supplied, but didn't fit my set up, he started to write down a sequence of button presses to fix it, but then realised mine was a different box and couldn't be done without a computer, and not possible to do your self.

So popped to the van, unplugged the sat tuning part (the bit that finds the sat) took it back into them, popped to Daventry the following week, picked it up, they said £40.00 if the warranty had run out or free if still in, only to find out that if I had took it to them a day latter, the warranty was out (2 year warranty) about time I had a bit of luck.

Anyway, all works as intended now. sorry for the long post.
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Oyster Sat dish  Empty OY SAT Resolve

Post by Bushman Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:43 pm

I sent my sat finder unit to Oyster Sat Tech and they programmed the unit with a software upgrade.
I tried the unit and the dish could not lock onto a satellite.
I phoned Oy Sat tech and was told that LNB's degrade and I would have to fit a new LNB with a noise reduction of 02.db.
I bought a new LNB from Aerial Shack.
Bushman
Bushman

Auto-Sleeper : Excelsior

Back to top Go down

Oyster Sat dish  Empty Deteriorating LNB

Post by 1Oll Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:05 pm

Not heard that LNBs deteriorate. I will bear this in mind. Thanks. Must admit that whilst I get an excellent picture, my percentage on signal and quality is only around 70%. I thought the LNB on my mobile system is smaller than on my home sat. Does a normal size one snag on the Oyster when the unit folds?
Thanks again.
1Oll
1Oll

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 1995 Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:28 pm

Hi there,

Just checked out the Oyster Caro here in Alicante and getting:

Astra 1 - BBC World News + other news channels and Eurosport etc. (Ice skating anyone!)

Astra 2 - Sky News + other news channels.

Hotbird - BBC News + other news channels.

This was what we had back in November last year so it looks as if the Oyster Caro I have is doing OK. up!

That may change when we get back up to France, where we were able to receive all of the Freesat channels last October.

Will let you know if we have any problems. up!

Best regards,

drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down