The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Under floor gas tank

+2
modelman
chudders
6 posters

Go down

Under floor gas tank Empty Under floor gas tank

Post by chudders Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:44 pm

Recently got a Cotswold but my question relates I guess to all with underfloor refillable gas tank. Is there any means of knowing how much is in the tank or should I just top up from time to time when near an auto gas station.
thanks, Dave
chudders
chudders

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Cotswold FB
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Under floor gas tank Empty Re: Under floor gas tank

Post by modelman Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:54 pm

Well there IS a gauge on the tank, but that's just plain stupid if you think about it!!
When I fitted mine, I also fitted a remote led gauge on a convenient wall.
Have a good look around, there may wall be one mounted somewhere, its only around 30mm or so square, easily missed if hidden away some place.
If not, they're cheap enough & easy enough to fit.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by chudders Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:41 am

chudders wrote:Recently got a Cotswold but my question relates I guess to all with underfloor refillable gas tank. Is there any means of knowing how much is in the tank or should I just top up from time to time when near an auto gas station.
thanks, Dave

Thanks for that, I will have a hunt around. The only thing I could find was some sort of guage with a button under it by the driver door, I think it says 'CMS'
Does not seem to do anything so don't know what that is
Dave
chudders
chudders

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:21 am

On our Broadway (2014) we have a gauge by the driver's door on the dashboard lower right. No buttons. It only comes on when the ignition is on and is best viewed when we have been driving for a few minutes as it takes a little time to stabilise.

There has been some correspondence on AS forum about adjusting the tank levelness in order to improve accuracy. Ours seems to give a reasonable degree of accuracy.

Autosleepers will, I am sure, be able to give much more information.

Q
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by chudders Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:36 am

Quilter wrote:On our Broadway (2014) we have a gauge by the driver's door on the dashboard lower right.  No buttons. It only comes on when the ignition is on and is best viewed when we have been driving for a few minutes as it takes a little time to stabilise.

There has been some correspondence on AS forum about adjusting the tank levelness in order to improve accuracy. Ours seems to give a reasonable degree of accuracy.

Autosleepers will, I am sure, be able to give much more information.

Q

Thanks, Perhaps thats what it is on ours. The location is as you describe. I will have to keep an eye on it
Regards, Dave
chudders
chudders

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Maasai Warrior Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:16 pm

Following a recent habitation check and a gas leak, the moment we arrived at AS, Mark looked underneath at the LPG tank and discovered that it had been fitted at the wrong angle which he said would affect the efficiency of the float inside. All now been sorted by AS. We have great confidence in AS's aftersales service, especially Mark and his team.
Pete
Maasai Warrior
Maasai Warrior
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway EB owner
Vehicle Year : Mar 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by chudders Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:19 pm

Masai Warrior wrote:Following a recent habitation check and a gas leak, the moment we arrived at AS, Mark looked underneath at the LPG tank and discovered that it had been fitted at the wrong angle which he said would affect the efficiency of the float inside. All now been sorted by AS. We have great confidence in AS's aftersales service, especially Mark and his team.
Pete

Nice to know you are happy with A-S and their after sales service etc. I am hoping to go there in a few weeks as they tell me they will fit a conventional water inlet in tandem with the whale system. This is, I am told quite a regular request.
I would like to see if I can 'blag' a factory tour just out of interest.
Thanks for the info
Dave
chudders
chudders

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:28 pm

What I like about AS aftersales is that one man listens to what you want doing, does it and then, afterwards, goes over what he has done with you. You feel that someone, not a faceless organisation, cares about your precious van. They made it: they look after it.

The waiting room at AS is very cosy but the Bell in Willersey village is even nicer. I strongly recommend you book a table for lunch there. Excellent, home cooked food, friendly service and very reasonable prices. Pretty village too and worth exploring.

Q

Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by chudders Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:35 pm

Quilter wrote:What I like about AS aftersales is that one man listens to what you want doing, does it and then, afterwards, goes over what he has done with you. You feel that someone, not a faceless organisation, cares about your precious van. They made it: they look after it.

The waiting room at AS is very cosy but the Bell in Willersey village is even nicer. I strongly recommend you book a table for lunch there. Excellent, home cooked food, friendly service and very reasonable prices.  Pretty village too and worth exploring.

Q

How far is the bell you refer to from A-S bearing in mind we won't then have transport. Is it walking distance or should we hire a car perhaps.
Dave
chudders
chudders

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:42 pm

No problem at all walking. Turn right out of reception and then right again and left towards the village. Walk up the lane towards the crossroads, cross over the crossroads and the Bell is on your left in about 200 m. An easy walk.

I' d also recommend the Caravan Club site at Broadway if an overnight is necessary. Lovely site, about 5 minutes easy drive from AS. They have, very well exhibited, the original Wanderer caravan on site.

If you need your van weighing then the weighbridge in Honeybourne, the next village, at Johnson's, is easy to get to and does a good job. They sell LPG as well. Sorry I don' t have details here but they are on the web. We phoned first.

Q
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by chudders Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:57 pm

Quilter wrote:No problem at all walking. Turn right out of reception and then right again and left towards the village. Walk up the lane towards the crossroads, cross over the crossroads and the Bell is on your left in about 200 m. An easy walk.

I' d also recommend the Caravan Club site at Broadway if an overnight is necessary. Lovely site, about 5 minutes easy drive from AS. They have, very well exhibited, the original Wanderer caravan on site.

If you need your van weighing then the weighbridge in Honeybourne, the next village, at Johnson's, is easy to get to and does a good job. They sell LPG as well. Sorry I don' t have details here but they are on the web. We phoned first.

Q

That really is useful info. I am in Cornwall so it will have to be a stay  at Broadway caravan club site (hopefully for a few days). Must get on and make arrangements 
Thanks Dave
chudders
chudders

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadabout Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:38 am

Hello,

Am also new to this forum. We are  looking at a Cotswold. What do you think, having taken delivery of yours? It looks to be well made!
Is the water a problem? From what I can discover the tank can be filled by ordinary inlet or pumped via an aqua roll. The Webasto heating running down the leisure battery in 6 - 8 hours is of some concern as that would mean an electric hook up is always needed.  How have you found it? Would be grateful to know how you are getting on. Many thanks in advance,   Carol wave
Gadabout
Gadabout

Female

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : CotswoldEB 3.0

Back to top Go down

Post by chudders Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:19 pm

Gadabout wrote:Hello,

Am also new to this forum. We are  looking at a Cotswold. What do you think, having taken delivery of yours? It looks to be well made!
Is the water a problem? From what I can discover the tank can be filled by ordinary inlet or pumped via an aqua roll. The Webasto heating running down the leisure battery in 6 - 8 hours is of some concern as that would mean an electric hook up is always needed.  How have you found it? Would be grateful to know how you are getting on. Many thanks in advance,   Carol wave

Apologies for not replying sooner but have just gone off to Wellington, somerset to test the cotswold for first time.
Its a bit early for me to make recommendations but in these early stages it does seem to be well put together and has a nice finish.
Yes the water tank can be filled from and aquaroll or a hose  both with the suitable whale adaptor. I have now used both and works OK if a little slower to fill. It does however cut off when full. I am contemplating a conventional filler being fitted by A-S which they say will run in tandem with the whale system. As I mentioned in a previous post they have quoted about £190 inc VAT.
I guess the webasto heating system will run the battery down when not on hookup. This does not concern me as I rarely go anywhere without hook up so its not fair for me to comment further. However I did have a Truma system and that also ran the battery down on the rare occasions I was off hookup. 
I had a Eura mobil 810 which I sold. That was a tag axle and quite a bit bigger and had loads of gear on it. but I have relatively easily managed to get most of the equipment on the Cotswold. Internally there seems to be loads of lockers. I have packed everything now and been to a weighbridge but are nowhere near the maximum load allowed (4005Kgs)
I will know a bit more after the next 4 days away. I,m sure there are plenty of others on the forum who have much more experience than me and who may be able to help
Thanks, Dave
chudders
chudders

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadabout Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:52 pm

Many thanks for taking the trouble to reply.  We have left a deposit on a Cotswold, and are hoping for delivery in July.  I guess I was just getting 'cold feet' about the various bits and pieces on it.  We have the glasses but not the crockery, and as the cupboard has 'cutouts' for same hope to see if Auto Sleeper stock it!  I have been searching the web, but to date can't find anyone who is thrilled to bits with the Cotswold!Yet it has won awards!  Hope you have a good trip - weather looks good.

Carol
Gadabout
Gadabout

Female

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : CotswoldEB 3.0

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:58 pm

Carol: our Broadway ( new March 2014) came with a set of AS Melamine crockery in an insulated cold bag. We're not lovers of Melamine so it is in the loft at home, along with the distinctly naff glasses ! I' d be quite surprised if AS did not provide a similar set with the Cotswold.

Q
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by arold Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:19 am

On my 2015  Nuevo the gas tank gauge is woefully inaccurate. The mechanical gauge and remote led gauge are correct when full but both show empty when there is still 10 litres (half a tank) still in there. It means I am forever filling up unnecessarily.
arold
arold

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down