The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Nuevo question

+6
Gromit
roli
oldfred
nuevoboy
Peter Brown
Ann B
10 posters

Go down

Another Nuevo question Empty Another Nuevo question

Post by Ann B Wed May 27, 2015 2:29 pm

Having looked at a few Nuevos now we are in a quandary.  We like the layout of the Nuevu EK II on the 2011 model we saw at Todd's at the weekend but we're looking for a slightly younger model.  Problem is the 2012 versions we have seen online have lost the over cab storage in favour of the roof light (which I am not too keen on) and have also no wet locker.

So, if we can't store our bedding in the overhead where can we keep it?  Would try to avoid under bed storage as we find this too fiddly.

Sometimes think this searching lark is far too hard hugegrins
Ann B
Ann B
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Topaz

Back to top Go down

Another Nuevo question Empty Re: Another Nuevo question

Post by Peter Brown Wed May 27, 2015 3:02 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There is a 2012 with a Luton.

Peter #1

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by nuevoboy Wed May 27, 2015 3:40 pm

That link of Peter's makes it even more confusing.
From the outside, it looks more like an ES model.
However, the rear-facing internal shot gives the impression of the standard EK version, with opposite settees.
But, the forward facing shot seems to reveal an EK with the sunroof.
What's even more confusing is that there's a gas fire shown, which I was certain had been eliminated from the 2012 model.

AS will now fit a locker above the driving position instead of the sunroof, but it's much smaller than the older version and there's no way we could fit our present bedding in it.

I agree Ann, nothing is very simple these days.

nuevoboy.
nuevoboy
nuevoboy
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann B Wed May 27, 2015 6:23 pm

Yes, Nuevoboy, two photos of different vans, no wonder I'my confused.

Have been looking today at the Marquis Elddis Majestic 125. I know it isn't an Autosleeper but you seem to get an awful lot more for your money.  Decisions, decisions.....
Ann B
Ann B
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Topaz

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfred Wed May 27, 2015 6:42 pm

May wife liked the colour scheme in this model and it seems great value but you have ask yourself why it is so cheap.

Unlike A/S these coach-builts do not have a  wooden frame. (Mentioned in an earlier thread.)

I have concerns that  in the long term  the fixed internal units may not stay fixed to the the walls.

I have no technical knowledge so I would be happy for an Elddis expert to prove me wrong.
oldfred
oldfred

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Wed May 27, 2015 6:43 pm

Auto Sleepers will built a van to any combination of their current range.
If you didnt want the window in the front of the roof and a cupboard they wouldnt cut the roof for the window and put a cupboard there.  
If say I wanted a luton but not the ES layout but the TB they would do it.
This is a beneft of buying an AutoSleeper as these vans are not built on high volume production lines. 
If you are buying used then you are having to search for a van that was built to what you are now looking for.
Our van for example is a TB layout that wasnt offered in the 2008 model year but its what we wanted
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Wed May 27, 2015 7:37 pm

What Roger said, but be aware that the "optional" overcab locker on the later models is quite a lot smaller than those made before the daft (in my opinion biggrin ) roof light became all the rage! Also there's nothing to hold the big wide locker door open, so putting the duvet away is quite a struggle if you try to do it single handed. (Ours now has small gas rams on the wide main locker door and the two lift up side locker doors. They cost the massive sum of £1.99 each from eBay, including postage, and although they were a bit fiddly to fit there was nothing too difficult in the process.)

The later models have reverted to a steel bed frame with gas ram lifters, which are far superior to the wooden framed ones they fitted for a while. The legs on our previous van were alarmingly weak and wobbly until I had braced then with some steel brackets. Shouldn't have to do that on a comparatively expensive van!

The underslung gas tank is a bonus, but it could have been quite a bit bigger. There's room under there for a 30 litre tank, with an LPG capacity of 24 litres as opposed to the measly 16 litres in the ones fitted by A/S. They could also have fitted an isolation valve in a more accessible place - ours will probably have one of those as well before long.

Swings and roundabouts, as ever. Some things better, others a definite retrograde step - apparently due mostly to penny pinching! A great pity to spoil such a good van for the sake of a very few quid! A good look round would be advisable before prising open the old wallet! happyyes

Dave
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by PennyandDerek Wed May 27, 2015 8:24 pm

Hi Ann,
To reinforce Roli's point you just have to look to the left at our profile..... look here confused3

Despite being the lo-line roof we have a cavernous locker(with spring-loaded hinges Gromit!) that takes all of the bedding, fishing rods and kites.
We have looked at the later models and think there have been retrograde steps that (to us) have been unacceptable. Therefore, we have no intention of upgrading.

I know you said you wanted a 'young' model, but perhaps what you are looking for is from a slightly earlier era than those you have mentioned?

Derek
PennyandDerek
PennyandDerek
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES Lowline
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Another Nuevo question Empty Another Nuevo question

Post by Jaime 007 Fri May 29, 2015 5:54 pm

My wife and I bought a brand new Nuevo EK in 2010. I was shocked when I attended the motorhome show at the NEC the following year that the new model had the skylight fitted, thereby removing an incredible space for storage. I was advising people who were looking at the new model to think carefully about purchasing one. Although we were newcomers to motorhomes/caravans it didn't take long to realise the importance of storage. In our space we store four duvets and five pillows!!!! Whatever model you decide to buy, DO CHECK OUT WHAT STORAGE IS AVAILABLE.
Jaime 007
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Taylor Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:27 pm

Ann,
We have moved from a 2007 Topaz to a 2015 Stanton (Nuevo on a Merc chassis), the amount of additional storage is (to us) remarkable. If you are used to packing away stuff in a Topaz then putting your bedding away in a Nuevo is no problem. We have done 65 nights in the last six months- which means carrying clothes for arctic to Sahara conditions and still have empty spaces!
We have the overhead roof-light and would not be without it; folks who cart too much stuff around might complain (why would a couple want four duvets and five pillows?).
There are actually 3 versions available: the roof-light, the overhead locker and the Luton/4 berth. I'm sure that Marquis in Preston will be happy to show all of them to you.

Pete.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Pete Taylor
Pete Taylor
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Stanton.
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfred Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:09 am

Just read and agree with Gromit's post about swings, roundabouts and penny pinching.

Another change from year to year has been the wind-out canopy. It is sometimes fitted neatly within the roof and some years bolted on the side.

Not a deal-breaker either way but I prefer the 'in-the-roof' style.
oldfred
oldfred

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by terry chapman Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:19 pm

we have a broadway ek with the overcab luton and you would not believe the amount of extra storage it gives you, and as far as effecting fuel consumption we recently achieved 33 mpg admittedly driving it carefully in Germany.
terry chapman
terry chapman

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : broadway

Back to top Go down