The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Truma Ultrastore water heater insulation.

+4
Gromit
PennyandDerek
Peter Brown
bikeralw
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Truma Ultrastore water heater insulation. - Page 2 Empty Re: Truma Ultrastore water heater insulation.

Post by bikeralw Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:53 am

You can still buy those segmented domestic cylinder jackets that have a drawstring to pull them together at the top.Individual segments can be separated from the rest and are fully sealed so no danger of escaping fibres. This is what I plan to fit next time I have access to the water heater.
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Truma Ultrastore water heater insulation. - Page 2 Empty Re: Truma Ultrastore water heater insulation.

Post by Jaytee Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:58 am

bikeralw wrote:You can still buy those segmented domestic cylinder jackets that have a drawstring to pull them together at the top.Individual segments can be separated from the rest and are fully sealed so no danger of escaping fibres. This is what I plan to fit next time I have access to the water heater.
Al.

Like that idea up!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:59 am

So do I.

Thanks Al. up!
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:59 am

Jaytee wrote:Ours does not get anywhere near as hot as that scratch head

Does yours smell ? Both our Combi boilers have been very smelly. The last one had numerous mods, both at the dealer and at Truma. This one is also smelly and has been looked at by both AS and our dealer. It is worse when we use the gas to heat water but is still noticeable when we heat water on hook up.  It has always been put down to burning dust but I don't think so.
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:10 am

Quilter wrote:
Jaytee wrote:Ours does not get anywhere near as hot as that scratch head

Does yours smell ? Both our Combi boilers have been very smelly. The last one had numerous mods, both at the dealer and at Truma. This one is also smelly and has been looked at by both AS and our dealer. It is worse when we use the gas to heat water but is still noticeable when we heat water on hook up.  It has always been put down to burning dust but I don't think so.

Yes, fairly regularly. Spoke with Truma and it is residual hot air/heat from the flame/elec element chamber getting into the plastic plenum when the fan isn't running to disperse it. Has done it now for two years so just live with it, seems fine  shrugg

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:40 pm

burlingtonboaby wrote:I had some offcuts of loft insulation spare and carefully located it around the hot water tank and the rear of the Ultraheat unit.
As Al and Derek have said it does make a difference to the heat loss from the Ultrastore water heater .
My hot water is still warm the next morning, enough to have a wash at the sink.
Boaby

Purchased a couple of rolls of white fibre loft insulation from our local DIY shore, then decided to replace and add some of the insulation I had installed around the water heater.
I had felt cold drafts from the behind the front seats recently, so removed the grey covers on each side of the van located behind front seats, revealing two sizeable voids and drafts coming from the floor area, I have added insulation to the voids and stopped the cold air from coming up into the cab area.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2