The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A/S motoromes in March "MMM"

+4
Jaytee
Shuggiegreen
Nuevo
paul bullock
8 posters

Go down

A/S motoromes in March "MMM" Empty A/S motoromes in March "MMM"

Post by paul bullock Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:58 am

Just recd my march copy of "MMM" quite bemused by the topics on pages 22[ first column] and 196,would be interested to hear what forum members make of them? And whether you, yourselves would accept a brand new M/H purchase with a warning light evident!! scratch head                                                                                            REGARDS     Paul
paul bullock
paul bullock
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo ek 2012

Back to top Go down

A/S motoromes in March "MMM" Empty Re: A/S motoromes in March "MMM"

Post by Nuevo Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:02 pm

a few negative comments towards AS in the mag as well as the one you mention. to answer your question no I wouldnt accept it either. is the person a member on this forum I wonder ?

Dave drinksallround

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuggiegreen Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:14 am

Surely no one would accept a motorhome which was showing a warning light when picking the vehicle up ? After spending a shed full of money to purchase it.
Shuggiegreen
Shuggiegreen

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:53 am

Shuggiegreen wrote:Surely no one would accept a motorhome which was showing a warning light when picking the vehicle up ? After spending a shed full of money to purchase it.

Not read my MMM yet but have to agree.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm

I don't take MMM ??????????????????????

Peter

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:05 pm

Just read MMM and re page 22. When picking up their new van they were many miles from home and a quick trip to the local Peugeot dealer to  suss a warning light (which is often a quick 'fault code reset' fix) was a reasonable option. They didn't say what the fault was. The fact Peugeot couldn't sort it at the time but said it was safe made the decision to drive home an easier one than leaving the van at the dealers. 
Page 196. I am sure that owner is on this forum as one of his faults was the odometer flashing. The other faults 'computer glitches' with the battery charging and a pipe coming off the sink drain behind the cooker were what could be called 'Sod's law' and AS did sort everything to their satisfaction. They did say they had other problems and I can empathise with their despair and hope they are now sorted.
I did like MMM's answers that MH's are hand built and therefor glitches could be expected as with a new house and that AS had offered good service by rectifying at the factory not subbing out to cheaper repair facilities. So supportive of AS.
This doesn't mean I am undermining the hassle the purchasers had but fair support from AS I think.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:22 pm

Thanks Jaytee

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by m8form8 Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:23 pm

When I read these bits, not having any of the publications I am glad of the simplicity of the engine on our elderly motor home. Nothing in modern motoring is any longer engineered to last long or be free from problems it seems, engine management systems are hugely problematic and are always needing updates written to them. Glad there is not one on our's. That along with sensors for this and that making a minefield of issues. I do find it removes my envy of all things new when i read about it.
m8form8
m8form8

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:08 pm

Thing is, when the electronic bits work they are great. Having said that my main car is a 21 year old Landrover and the most complex bit of electrics is the wiper motor hugegrins

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by m8form8 Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:15 pm

its the "When" that is always the problem, have a mate with a newish boat engine, now subject to electronic engine management due to EEC regulation. Not a good idea in a damp sea water environment. So far it has cost him dearly to have it checked out and faulty sensors replaced now it is past warranty. Glad my boat engine is pre such requirements and I am able to repair it myself without a lap top link to check all is functioning at sea.  wave
m8form8
m8form8

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:40 pm

There is a follow-up story to this in the latest April edition that's just arrived.
The MMM team member took the Nuevo to Peugeot dealer as requested by the dealer 'where it would be fixed in no time' - it wasn't, nor the day after blaming the conversion wiring. The AS dealer arranged for an auto-electrician to visit (missed first appointment as equipment wasn't working), came day after, identified fault but didn't have the part needed. Finally fixed, electrician left, writer reverses into garage to find another warning light on, phones electrician who returns. According to the electrician, when AS convert a van, it doesn't necessarily fit the number of bulbs that the base vehicle originally had, the Peugeot computer detects less resistance on the circuit and thinks a bulb has blown. the solution was to fit a resistor in the circuit. Now he has a radio that thinks it's been stolen and won't cooperate so van is back at Peugeot dealer.

Beyond belief !  Surely every van would have the same problems if they are all wired the same. No mention at all that MMM have contacted AS about any of the problems.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:13 pm

That's shocking.... 

He would be better off taking it back to the AutoSleepers service center.... Our Nuevo went into Peugeot main dealer for a rear light problem, it kept shorting... They charged us £100 and couldn't even find a problem! Auto-Sleepers found the problem in just a few minutes of looking, some idiot had wrapped a plastic bag around the towbar wires beneath the vehicle and each time it filled with water it shorted out (it also left Spinneys with this fault & dash light illuminated when purchased) 

My experience of both VW & Peugeot main dealers is absolutely shocking, at the end of the day if you have a gripe both VW & Peugeot are not intrested as these dealerships are just franchises and they are not held responsible.

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:39 pm

Nightmare and after spending all that money. 'Fit for purpose' does spring to mind but then they are soooo good when behaving themselves.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:11 pm

I didn't realise the guy concerned is a regular writer / editor for MMM (David Chapman) I've just been reading his update and his report on the Forest of Dean trip as our copy of MMM arrived today, he had a Merc AS Devon prior to changing to the Nuevo.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by paul bullock Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:18 pm

Yes and he changed the Merc to a Peugeot Nuevo because of a recurring electrical problem, had in his words left him " lacking confidence " in his M/H!  You really have to feel sorry for the poor guy ,we all have problems with our M/Hs and as JAYTEE says when theyre good they are sooo good!  But after all should this really be acceptable with such an expensive purchase, possibly second only to our houses?!!    KIND REGARDS            Paul
paul bullock
paul bullock
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : nuevo ek 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:31 pm

paul bullock wrote:Yes and he changed the Merc to a Peugeot Nuevo because of a recurring electrical problem, had in his words left him " lacking confidence " in his M/H!  

Yes I remember reading that... I think he thought by getting a New Motorhome he would be free of any problems. I think I personally would have stayed with the Merc based Devon myself (same as Nuevo but on a Merc) 

I would have thought if Auto-Sleepers were aware of his issues they would be bending over backwards to help him considering his part in MMM, be nice to see him sorted out & problem free.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:06 pm

I can't understand why MMM haven't spoke to AS if it's a long term test vehicle.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo

Back to top Go down