The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gas Guage on Lancashire

+9
inspiredron
mikethebike
Jools
Jaytee
roli
Pete Taylor
Claytaa
Spospe
crisp
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Gas Guage on Lancashire - Page 2 Empty Re: Gas Guage on Lancashire

Post by Jools Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:27 am

All the current specs on th AS website seem to say 20 liters

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Can't find a Lancaster exact spec
Jools
Jools

Male

Member Age : 53
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:55 am

Yes, the 20 litres is the gas they will hold, so the cyl is a 25litre one if that's the same on yours.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by ScribesWtr Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:37 pm

I have just contacted Gas It before discovering this thread.  Our tank was filled from new in April and I understand the tank took £12.50 worth of gas at about 59p per litre.  I filled it again when the gauge showed four LED lights but could only get about six litres in before the cut off activated.  On the next fill-up, the gauge was showing a red LED when we moved off from a site so I visited a filling station but only managed a little more than the previous fill-up.  As the red light suggests that the tank is empty, where in fact it is still over half full, it is pretty disconcerting to know that a red light indicates anything between 12 litres of LPG and FRESH AIR comprises the content of the tank. As previously stated here, it would appear that unless Auto Sleeper are fitting the sender or gauge incorrectly, that the device is useless.  I'll update any response I receive from Gas It here.
ScribesWtr
ScribesWtr

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Motor Plus Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:12 pm

Hello Crisp, without seeing the problem it is hard to say why your gauge isn't reading properly but we have had a few tanks that were installed at the wrong angle which then gives either a full reading all the time or an empty, this can be rectified and we have had a 100% success with it.

Hope that helps

Mark

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper : Auto-Sleepers Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:55 pm

Thanks for that Mark.

Ours is a bit "iffy" so I'm having it checked to see if the angle is correct. I believe in this instance that near enough is definitely not good enough!

On our previous van Chris Wise (Autogas2000) installed a tank for us and the gauge was absolutely spot on, which probably tells us more about Chris than the gauge! He did a cracking good job - far better than the rather suspect way in which Autosleepers hang the tanks!! think_smiley_46

Dave
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP

Back to top Go down

Post by crisp Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:34 pm

Already had my gas tank adjusted to put this problem right but it still said empty when I could only get in 8litres on a 20 litre tank. I guess its now just a matter of accepting this is the case and knowing when the red light shows I still have 12litres left so don't need to hurry and fill up again. Seems a disappointing outcome, but what I am coming to expect sad ehh
crisp
crisp
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire

Back to top Go down

Post by Motor Plus Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:44 pm

Everything has it's own problems and you do have to get these tanks spot on not 'that'll do' the gauge is a guide but shouldn't be out by that much, perceiver.

Mark

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper : Auto-Sleepers Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:17 pm

Interesting to note that "Gasit" now supply tanks with brackets already welded into position such that the float (and consequently any readings) is now in the "spot on" position when fitted to the underside of the vehicle - rather than the motor home fitter having to twist the cylinder within its current retaining strap into the "that'll do" position. 

Its called "learning from experience" and glad to see that some suppliers are applying it - good engineering practice!!

Liam

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
Liam
Liam
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:45 pm

Yes indeed Liam, but I bet that's not why they did it!

There has been a lot of controversy about the fairly thin steel straps that have been used to hang the tanks, and those brackets are obviously far superior, and probably a lot easier to fit.

Thin plastic coated staps are not good news under a van in all the winter salt. As soon as the coating cracks and lets the water in, the tin moth has a field day. Some gas tanks have already fallen off I believe.

Wish mine were that type!!

Dave
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2