The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leaking mixer tap

+2
PLOUGHLIN
jimthefish
6 posters

Go down

Leaking mixer tap Empty Leaking mixer tap

Post by jimthefish Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:39 pm

Hi, Dose anyone know if you can dismantle the mixer tap in the shower room on my 2005 Nuevo. When I run the tap the water comes out between the swivel part of the upright body. Can I replace the seals or is it a new tap?
I have checked the cartridge but the water comes out of the swivel joint which appears to be loose compared  to others in the van, but I can't get to the swivel joint to replace the O ring seals.
Thanks in advance.
Jim
jimthefish
jimthefish

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Leaking mixer tap Empty Re: Leaking mixer tap

Post by PLOUGHLIN Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:58 pm

There is usually 1 or more o rings in there. The top is pushed in with a ball indent to keep it in. Difficult to pull back out. Here is a utube  leaking swivel fixed. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Hope it helps.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by ubuntu1 Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:07 am

In my opinion you should replace the tap. Any repairs for this type of fault seem to prolong the taps life for only a short time. Do yourself a favour and buy a new one.

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : M/H engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by jimthefish Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:05 am

Decided to replace the tap but need a little advice. The vanity unit on a 05 Nuevo has flimsy doors which open only so far and make it difficult to work inside. How do I take these doors off without damaging or breaking the pins. Is it a hope for the best or is there a set way to take them off.
Jim
jimthefish
jimthefish

Male

Back to top Go down

Leaking mixer tap Empty Leaking mixer tap

Post by voranke Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:34 am

Hi,
    I removed the mixer tap to repair a leaking connection ,I managed this with out removing the two doors .

It would easier if your right handed

You will need a box spanner a socket to fit the end of the box spanner a suitable size extention bar and a ratchet socket driver, use tape to hold this combination together.

Lay down on your back with part of your body out of the shower/ toilet compartment you can introduce the box spanner combination to the nut on the threaded bar that secures the tap to the sink . You will need someone to hold the tap as you unscrew the securing bolt .

I cannot give you any tool sizes as it was quite a while since I did this but hopefully the replacement mixer will have the same size securing nut as the one you are about to change.

Its not too difficult a task as the threaded bar makes it much easier for the box spanner to be introduced to the securing nut

Hope this helps and good luck

Vo
voranke

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo low profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jimthefish Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:55 pm

Cheers Vo, Finally did it, had to saw through the copper pipes because you needed both hands and your head in the vanity unit to disconnect them which is imposible. Just for reference the bottom ring on the tap is the one that tightens up the swivel spout, it has a seal on both faces so we could have turned it round and saved buying a new tap. Autosleeper never made their vans to be repaired by their owners or indeed anyone, you practically have to dismantle the vanity unit to do any repairs. Made a platform to fit over the step into the shower to save my back and fitted the new tap with flexible pipes to make it easier to reconnect. Thinking of taking up a new career as a contortionist and escapologist after my back surgery (only joking). I think the forum should a have HOW TO DO IT SECTION FOR OWNERS as the next time I do a tap or work in the shower room it will only take half the time knowing what I know now.
Thanks for all your help.
Jim
jimthefish
jimthefish

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dandywarhol Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:46 pm

ubuntu1 wrote:In my opinion you should replace the tap. Any repairs for this type of fault seem to prolong the taps life for only a short time. Do yourself a favour and buy a new one.

My o ring replacement has lasted for 3 years so far and still going strong. Don't see any need to replace the complete tap if it's only a seal that's faulty  confused3
But I do understand the reason for replacing the tap from a commercial viewpoint.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Clubman Anniversa
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by mikethebike Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:12 pm

jimthefish wrote:Cheers Vo, Finally did it, had to saw through the copper pipes because you needed both hands and your head in the vanity unit to disconnect them which is imposible. Just for reference the bottom ring on the tap is the one that tightens up the swivel spout, it has a seal on both faces so we could have turned it round and saved buying a new tap. Autosleeper never made their vans to be repaired by their owners or indeed anyone, you practically have to dismantle the vanity unit to do any repairs. Made a platform to fit over the step into the shower to save my back and fitted the new tap with flexible pipes to make it easier to reconnect. Thinking of taking up a new career as a contortionist and escapologist after my back surgery (only joking). I think the forum should a have HOW TO DO IT SECTION FOR OWNERS as the next time I do a tap or work in the shower room it will only take half the time knowing what I know now.
Thanks for all your help.
Jim

Yes we have such a section its called "Factsheets" need to ask Roli about its addition.

Its not just A/S made this way,its universal , much to our displeasure.
Regards

Micky
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down