The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello everyone.

+4
burlingtonboaby
Dutto
daisy mae
Bertie
8 posters

Go down

Hello everyone. Empty Hello everyone.

Post by Bertie Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:10 pm

Hi 
My name is Alan and my partner is Hilary. 
We have loved travelling the country but mainly in a caravan (a small 2 birth, then a large 5 birth). We have three dogs and Hilary does agility with our Labrador and is only in her first year and doing extremely well. Hopefully this weekend we will be the proud owners of an Auto-sleeper Wilton motor-home on a Ford Transit. 
Before we met Hilary as always been a folding camper/tent person whereas I on the other hand, after fitting basic mods to vans I have owned, decided to convert my own vehicle  back in 1998 (a 1992 Ducato Maxi) and based the layout on an Auto-sleeper in the MMM magazine I read. Great van until it was stolen and never recovered while it was SORN. 
I have also owned a 1984 Auto-homes on a Bedford CF 2.3cc petrol but the interior started to fall apart. 
Hilary has now conceded that a motor-home is a more practical choice to do agility with (well to get there and stay has I don't think it could manage the jumps  hugegrins) and to tour with, as the quick set up time for making a cup of coffee was the winning factor!   drinksallround

I have always admired the build quality of Auto-sleepers and the Wilton is no exception and cant wait to pick him up and start another adventure in another chapter of our lives. 

Look forward to meeting and chatting with you all.

Happy travels

Regards

Alan
Bertie
Bertie

Male

Member Age : 58
Auto-Sleeper : none

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone. Empty Re: Hello everyone.

Post by daisy mae Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:23 pm

Hello and asof_welcome2 from Leicestershire, is it unusual for a Lab to do agility,? great anyway, would love to do that with my Beardie but alas I am not fit enough. love to see it.MH ideal for that.
Regards,
Margaret

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:30 pm

Hi there,

Welcome from a wet and blustery day in Skegness.   keep_cool  rainyday  keep_cool  rainyday keep_cool

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by Bertie Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:40 pm

Thank you Margaret.
Baxter is extremely good but not fast like the Collies but will do everything asked of him. The different breeds that do agility is amazing and so much fun to watch and there are a few Labs, Golden Retrievers and even a Great Dane. We only do it for fun and let the serious competitors get on with it, as long as Baxter enjoys it that is all that matters. Yes a MH will be ideal and cant wait to pick him up this weekend.

Sorry that you are not fit enough to do it with your Beardie as Hilary absolutely loves the interaction with Baxter working as a team.

Regards
Alan.
Bertie
Bertie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bertie Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:45 pm

Thank you Dutto. 

Regards
Alan.
Bertie
Bertie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:56 pm

Hi Alan
Welcome to the forum from Bridlington, its been a nice sunny day here.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Swansea Jac Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:46 am

Welcome to this great forum from a very wet & windy Swansea !
raining   keep_cool   

Our Whippet x Border Collie would be great at agility.  Unfortunately, in order for them to participate they need an active human partner........and neither of us would make the grade! However, we have daily excursions to the beach, where she has trained us to throw her quoit for her whenever she drops it on our feet.  rofl3 rofl3

Your van looks lovely...a very much more modern version of our Legend?
Swansea Jac
Swansea Jac
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 84
Auto-Sleeper : Legend
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:10 am

Welcome from N.E Wales    handshake

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by modelman Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:02 am

Hello & welcome from S/Yorks. drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by Bertie Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:34 pm

Thank you everyone for the kind welcomes. 
Sorry for the late reply but its been a bit hectic at the moment as we did not pick up Wilton last weekend due to issue with MOT (emissions due to standing for a time on the forecourt) but dealer has it in a local garage as we speak to get it sorted (it was sold with dealer putting a new MOT, Habitation and vehicle service). Hopefully should be this weekend so waiting for dealer to email/call with good news. My other half is getting anxious and I cant wait to get on the open road with Wilton.
Swansea Jac, Hilary is no spring chicken (she will kill me for saying that!!!!) and always wanted to do agility but never had the opportunity until we got Baxter and he seems to be a natural. We have a favourite place near to yourselves, that we came across by booking a cottage for a Christmas break a couple of years ago, and that is Burry Port with its unspoilt local character and a wonderful sandy beach. Pembrey Country Park is just down the road and a what a wonderful doggy (and doggy owner) heaven that is.

Regards
Alan.
Bertie
Bertie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Swansea Jac Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:42 pm

Ah yes, Alan, we know both places well and were at Burry Port only the other day... Did you know that you can park there overnight adjacent to the Harbour office for £7 per night?  Lovely walk / cycle along the Millennium Coastel Path to Llanelli North Dock where Flannigan's cafe does good meals and snacks (and Welsh cakes to die for!) ...(Last orders 4.30. and earlier as winter approaches).  We run our little Lurcher ( Whippet x Border Collie) there most days
Swansea Jac
Swansea Jac
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bertie Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:59 pm

Well Swansea Jac thank you for that great bit of information about the overnight parking by the Harbour Office, that will be somewhere we will stay when we have the motorhome as its ideal for the dogs to run on the beach. We have always stayed at Llwynifan Farm Caravan Park in Llangennech, which is a lovely site with a great view over to Swansea but that is with the caravan. Really hope to pick up motorhome this weekend and start our new chapter. Hopefully we may get to bump into you at Burry Port and the dogs can have a run around together.
Bertie
Bertie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Swansea Jac Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:58 am

Hi Bertie.  Llwynifan Farm Caravan Park is a favourite haunt of ours too.  (Small world!) It really is a lovely park isn't it?  Let us know when you are coming to Burry Port and we'll try to meet up  handshake

walkies sit doggy Regards Lesley & Dave (Swansea Jac)
Swansea Jac
Swansea Jac
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bertie Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:51 am

Hi Lesley & Dave
Well it is a small world. Have had good news that MOT is done on Wilton , so one step closer to our dream, and hopefully picking him up this weekend. We will start planning our trips soon and normally go down to Llwynifan Farm in the April Half-term but now with the freedom of a motorhome we may be able to go when the feeling takes us, and to stay at the Harbour in Burry Port, Woo-woo. Will definitely let you know when we need our Burry Port Fix as its a doggy heaven and the locals are so friendly always stopping to have a chat and tell you the best places to go. Hopefully meet up with you soon.

Alan & Hilary
Bertie
Bertie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bertie Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:18 am

Hi fellow ASOF members

We are now the proud owners of "Wilton". We picked him up last Saturday and he is everything we were looking for in a motorhome and thankfully Hilary thought the same when she finally saw him in the flesh (that could have been awkward but I just had a great feeling when I went to see him for the first time and that feeling was still there when I went a second time) the other thing is that the dogs are so comfortable in him sit (now I know that you with dogs will understand that sentence and he is for all of us). We look forward to meeting some of you on our travels and was wondering if the Forum hold meetings or some members have a get together?
The build quality is excellent topmarks , so much better that an Ace Napoli we were looking at, but of course you would all know this.
Two very happy AS owners, allthumbz   beachball

Alan & Hilary
Bertie
Bertie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Swansea Jac Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:09 am

Congratulations! lets_dance Now your adventures can begin! cold BBQ  doggy doggy doggy Let us know when Burry Port fetures and we'll try to meet up!  Meanwhile enjoy getting to kow your van! all good
Swansea Jac
Swansea Jac
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:40 pm

Hi Both and a belated welcome to the forum, sorry missed your first post. Great place to be with 'loads' of helpful friendly people allthumbz.
Sounds like you are going to really enjoy your MH. up!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Bertie Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:16 am

Yes Leslie & Dave, we will let you know when our next trip to Burry Port will be, looking at early part of next year because we are off to Yorkshire over Christmas christmastree (weather dependent) SnowballFight to visit friends who have relocated to... wait for it....Wilton! BigGrins! How coincidental is that! They relocated from Hastings. 

Hello Jaytec, thanks for your welcome and I see you are located at another "favourite" of ours in Filey. We had Two weeks at Humble Bee Farm, in Flixton, back in July 2011 with our little caravan at the time and wondered why we did not stay at the site that is in the Filey Brigg Country Park. We will be definitely be visiting there over Christmas from our journey to our friends at Wilton and a lot more now we have our motorhome. camper   
It was the first time on Holiday with our Labrador when he was a puppy on Scarborough beach and he run into the sea, got his winky wet, run back out doggy and went and sat by a family who were having a picnic and he looked at us has if to say "I'm not going back in there!" We apologised but thankfully they had seen what had happened and were laughing about it. rofl3

Alan & Hilary
Bertie
Bertie

Male

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum