The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curtains

4 posters

Go down

Curtains Empty Curtains

Post by BettyB Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:45 am

Hi there.  Hope someone can help with this.  I am having difficulty removing curtains from side windows of Nuevo (2005).  It looks like visa popper system but there is no gap at end of rail to slid poppers out.  I can't see how to remove rail.  So do the poppers pull out?  Perhaps the clue is in the name??
Thanks
 scratch head
BettyB
BettyB

Female

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Curtains Empty Re: Curtains

Post by daisy mae Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:13 pm

Hi Betty,

Don`t know whether they are the same as on my Clubman, but the track on mine, just clipped out when I sussed  how they did,   the curtains were then free from the window as well as the track and I slid the curtains off of one end, there may be an end screw to undo first, to replace just clip back in, it is awkward putting them back as I had to look underneath from a backward position if you can understand me,  best of luck.

Margaret

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by nuevoboy Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:49 pm

Hi Betty, we've got a 2005 Nuevo too and needed to remove the side curtains a couple of years ago. Try as we might we couldn't remove via the poppers.
In the end I had to remove a couple of the tiny self-tapping screws that are recessed within the curtain rail. Once I'd done that (on one end of the rail only) I could bend the rail away from the wall slightly and then slide each curtain out, complete with poppers.
We could then remove the poppers and we washed the curtains in a weakish bleach solution to remove what mould there was.
It's a real fiddle to do and is probably harder to put them back than take off.
Be warned, take your time and beware of cricked neck.     winkin!
nuevoboy
nuevoboy
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by BettyB Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:06 pm

nuevoboy wrote:Hi Betty, we've got a 2005 Nuevo too and needed to remove the side curtains a couple of years ago. Try as we might we couldn't remove via the poppers.
In the end I had to remove a couple of the tiny self-tapping screws that are recessed within the curtain rail. Once I'd done that (on one end of the rail only) I could bend the rail away from the wall slightly and then slide each curtain out, complete with poppers.
We could then remove the poppers and we washed the curtains in a weakish bleach solution to remove what mould there was.
It's a real fiddle to do and is probably harder to put them back than take off.
Be warned, take your time and beware of cricked neck.     winkin!
Hi nuevoboy.  Believe it or not I have managed to remove the curtains yesterday by pushing the poppers out of the track. It wasn't an easy task, very sore fingers and thumbs, and am not looking forward to putting them back!!  Will have a look to see if I can find the screws though as that might help in putting them back. Thanks for info.
BettyB
BettyB

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:23 pm

Your curtain tracks should be the same as those Margaret mentions. Aluminium that push vertically into spring clips. Now you have the curtains out if you look up under the pelmet you should see the clips and be able to pull the track down out of them. It is a lot easier to fit/remove the curtains with the track out.

Peter

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB

Back to top Go down

Post by nuevoboy Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:37 pm

Hi Betty, glad you've got them out and hope you can get them back in.

Regarding Peter's post above, the tracks on our '05 Nuevo are plastic, not aluminium and are definitely screwed vertically to the pelmet above, not clipped in.
nuevoboy
nuevoboy
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : None

Back to top Go down